Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have small white dots on my back from the middle up to my shoulders mostley at my shoulders.. anyway they are not noticeable if you dont get realy close .. the thing is they feel realy nasty and iv had them for a while.. anyone know what it might be and how to remove them

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I would use a zinc shampoo like Head and Shoulders or Nizoral and let it sit on the affected areas a few minutes each shower before rinsing. This should get rid of it. It helps to keep the area dry and open to the air when not in the sun. If not, see a Dr! HTH

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you say white dot... is there any texture like a bump with it or is it just a "white dot".
If there is nothing but a "white dot", I am wondering if that is actually loss of pigment? Would love to see a picture but if not just give me more info & I can help you determine what is going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ye they are bumpy it feels realy gross but the thing is they are barley noticeable only if u look realy close u see small white bumps

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are so many factors that play a role in a condition like this. It is so hard to determine what this could be without looking at it. It may be something as simple as milia or clogged pores. I can tell you that stress exacerbates all skin conditions making them worse and making you more prone. If you are more stressed out than the norm right now do somethings to take better care of yourself to improve your overall skin & body immunity. Rest & sleep well, eat a clean healthy diet, deep breathing/meditation or yoga are key for stressing mind & body. I recommend you have someone take a peek at this. Is there an esthetician you like & trust in your area? Or a doctor that you trust? This is probably your best bet rather than trying to self diagnose. You dont necessarily have to take their advice for treatment modality but a least you will know for sure what you are working with & can then make an educated choice on how to proceed with treatment & get rid of the nasty buggers! This could save you time, money & frustration in the long run. If you want to send me a photo of your skin I would be happy to share what I see. Hope that is helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was the first thing that crossed my mind so I asked if there was texture. If this is vitilago, there shouldnt be any textural (raised/bumpy) skin with it.

Did you find anything more out about it or have someone look at it?

Would love to hear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sounds like milia . Get help soon. You can use the milia treatment from naturalis. Its effective at clearing up milia all over the body

ok so i have small white dots on my back from the middle up to my shoulders mostley at my shoulders.. anyway they are not noticeable if you dont get realy close .. the thing is they feel realy nasty and iv had them for a while.. anyone know what it might be and how to remove them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this, but as I was just washing my face, I noticed white dots on my back. I was kind of afraid as to what it was so I decided to research. Nothing came up until I found this form. As was previously discussed, the white dots do not have texture, they are just white spots on my back. I've never had them before and I'm kind of worried. If any of you have had this before, or know what it is, please share it with me! Thanks.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this, but as I was just washing my face, I noticed white dots on my back. I was kind of afraid as to what it was so I decided to research. Nothing came up until I found this form. As was previously discussed, the white dots do not have texture, they are just white spots on my back. I've never had them before and I'm kind of worried. If any of you have had this before, or know what it is, please share it with me! Thanks.
Im not a doctor, but maybe this:??
Tinea versicolor - MayoClinic.com

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by eva1426

try doing Fractional CO2 laser treatment,it might help

how can this help with white spots, if its possibly fungus related?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
i say a doctor knows best, but i used to tan back in the days, and would get these white spots. like fawnie above mentioned, you could have tinea versiacolor. that is what i had. my doctor told me to wash with selsun blue, and gave me a special cream. it slowly went away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts