Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having white spots under my eyes for years. Last year I decided to take action and I got them removed by dermatologist. However, about a month later I had just as much white spots again. I can't got to a dermatologist every month to get them removed, so what should I use? My dermatologist gave me Taylor Made face care for men-for problem skin
I've been using it, but they're STILL coming back arrgh. I'm also washing the area around my eyes with water every morning to avoid those spots.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What did the dermatologist tell you about the spots? What are they? How do they develop? Are they raised? How are you to care for the areas that have them? Did he/she recommend a home treatment?

Since you've seen a dermatologist he should be pointing you in the right direction.

I'm not one to take chances with home treatments in the eye area -- even simple products can migrate through the skin into the eye and cause irritation.

I would go back one more time and ask the derm some tough questions. If the derm describes in detail what you have, how it develops -- and doesn't give you a home remedy -- once you know the condition you can look it up at the Mayo Clinic or other sites on the internet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly what it is. It says that a treatment is laser, but will they ever come back then? Getting them removed is no problem, but it's fact that they keep coming back that's the issue.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I would ask him before committing to his treatment!

The VisualDXHealth above states that Retin-A (and other retinoids), microdermabrasion and fruit acid peels can also help. Avoiding sun damage, abrading the skin and heavy cosmetic products can also help.

Hope this is helpful to you, Saklig!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ugh, I think I have those too. Like I look really close in the mirror and there bumps sorda. They make the under part ofmy eye appear white, is that kinda what happened to you?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh, I think I have those too. Like I look really close in the mirror and there bumps sorda. They make the under part ofmy eye appear white, is that kinda what happened to you?
Excactly!

Everyone should check out this link btw:

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/Newsletter56.asp?WID={A68C985A-C019-4373-9FA0-97ACB6A32A13}

It says that the solution from ever getting it again is to use oil-free sunscreens and to exfoliate the skin. I have no idea what exfoliating is, how can I do it?..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Exfoliating is when you remove dead skin cells. For ex., your body, you can use like a sorda rough scrub loofah and some exfoliating soap, which will in turn make your skin extra soft. You need to exfoliate well. For the face there are exfoliators in the stores.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
I have a feeling that those white spots are a sign that your kidneys aren't doing too well. Try drinking a whole lot of water and seriously limiting your sodium intake. Let me know if the spots get better. And give this regime at least a month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, products with oils that can build up in the tiny pores under the eyes cause these pockets because the skin is 10x thinner there and it absorbs whatever you put on it easier. You will want to exfoliate (remove dead skin cells) with an enzyme-based peel rather than a scrub so you don't stretch your skin too much--rubbing eye area is a no-no. My bumps stopped forming when I used Arbonne RE9 Eye Cream...all other eye creams I've ever used caused those bumps. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts