Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this thing on my lip for a long time now, more than 3 months, possibly way more but i'm not sure exactly. It was completely white and on the upper right part of my lip. It was on the lip where the lip and skin just met. It never grew, never went away. I wanted to get rid of it because it didn't look too good. I thought it was a whitehead. I have never seen or had one before, so I bought a whitehead remover, the one with the hoop. I pushed on it really hard and white stuff came out and I assumed that it was gone. The next day it was bulging red and it's been like that for the past few days!

It spread lower down into my lip now and it looks disgusting. School started two days ago and the impression they have on me is not too good. Tomorrow is picture day, Bus ID picture day and class photos.

I heard about cold sores and now I think it might be that. It's hard and blistery now, pinkish in colour

I think that the top part got infected and spread to the pimple on my chin and now it's all blistery and disgusting.

top lip : img30.imageshack.us/i/toplip.jpg/

bottom : img168.imageshack.us/i/pimplechin.jpg/

end result for photo : img168.imageshack.us/i/endresult.jpg

can someone tell me what it is and if there is ANY way to get rid of the size/colour within 15 hours?

it does not itch at all and only hurts when I eat or talk because it stretches the skin.

thanks ALOT!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Try Abreva. It does look like a cold sore. Abreva nor anything else will get rid of it in 15 hours unless you have a magic wand. Sorry!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like a cold sore to me too however I have tried abreva and dont notice that it helps heal faster just reduces the pain and keeps it from getting worse. Use something with shea butter to keep it moist so it doesnt crack and make sure not to touch it and then go touching yourself elsewhere like the eyes or ears because it will spread! You may try a prescription of Valtrex (in the US) your doc can give you a weeks worth, it is a daily prescription for herpes & warts it will heal it up more quickly than nothing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts