Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading in this forum for a while and I love the contributers. Thanks to them - I think I am am ready to take that step, but I have few very basic questions.

I am looking at whitening for sun exposed areas only - Face, Neck and arms.

I am planning to start with RA 0.1% & Hq 4% (Alustra 4%) and Differin Gel 0.1% and Kojic Cream.

Can RA 0.1% & Hq 4% be used on men's face. Especially how and when do you shave?
Does it burn to apply RA after shaving?

I have heard of peeling, etc - so was wondering how does daily shaving or small facial hair or 5 O' Clock shadow affect the whitening.

Also, I have lot of hairs on my hand - can RA/HQ be applied on hairy skin (hand and face)?

Is there any other suggestion for men whitening?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Us men benefit greatly from RA/HQ because we have rough, scaly, sun damaged skin from not taking care of them while growing up, No it doesnt burn after shaving, I shave REALLY close then apply REtin-A 30 minutes later, adn the next day the skin is really smooth from it, I shave every other day. Daily shaving does not affect the whitening at all, and unless u have to shave everyday, I sugest that u shave every other day after showering at night and use the RA/HQ everyday.

ALSO: if you are going to be using RA then just use that, dont go overboard and use differin gel too, retin-A is stronger and gets the job done, using differin again will just create problems for your skin, and they are both retinoids so they produce the same results.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LightenNLift for prompt reply.

I was looking at differin as an advance stage (after 1-2 months).

For now I intend to start with this for 1 month:

Morning - 30 mins after shaving:

Hydroquinone 4%
Neutrogena SPF 50+

Night:

Retin-A 0.1%
Hydroquinone 4%
Kojic Cream as a night cream

Does this sound ok.?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
your regimen sounds great but I would skip the kojic cream, you dont want the cream to interfere with HQ/RA on ur skin, those should work together on their own without anything lessening its effectiveness. Btw kojic acid actually works for you? From what ive seen it only works for fair skin with slight discoloration/uneveness.

ALSO: give the retin-A 3 months, and if u see significant improvement, stick with that and dont use differin.

**and from your avatar you are going to lighten quickly because you have a dark white complexion, trash the kojic.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. I hope to lighten soon too. My Avatar has my pic and would be updating my avatar as i go along - hopefully - it helps.

After RA 0.01% & HQ 4% - do you recommend any other advance stage products.

I ask now, because i am about to order from AllDayChemist and wanted to order in bulk now rather than paying $25 shipping every time.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Kaile!

Just thought I'd pop in & say hi & welcome you to the forum. LNL has already provided great suggestions & since you've been reading, you're ready to go. This forum is filled with really avid readers who actually do their homework re getting valid info out there. I'm experimenting with home compounding but since it has only been a short while, I cannot claim rave results...yet...Skin lightening in men is much the same as it is in women except that you may face sensitivity issues with RA in the beard area if you;re a close-shaver. On other areas of your face, you'll experience the same challenges & the products will works similarly in you as a man as they will in a women with a similar skin type. I hope you get the results you want quickly & easily.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
nope, our skin is rough and RA takes care of that, there is nothing more you can do but maybe get chemical peels - Glycolic/TCA or Lactic in between your regimen to smooth the skin out; theres only so much the skin can absorb so applying more product doesnt help, a spreadable thin amount is enough.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts