Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
If that's all you can find @likeAgemNeye use it!! Its better than nothing at all :thumbsup:. When the temp rises and its humid you may have to reapply it, especially if you sweat.

Here try using this locator, it may help you find some in your area.
http://devitastyle.com/home/store-locator/
Thanks I will try that locator. I actually really hate the sunblock. It leaves the white cast you all spoke off and makes my skin look dull and ashy. Can't have that not even for sun protection so I may take it back or find another use for it, but in the mean time if I don't have any in my area what is another natural sunblock that doesn't leave the caste that is sold in stores.

Eta- hmm hard to see but I knew there had to be some here locally. But the map doesn't give me an address or store just a red flag. Or should I try viewing on a computer to get better information. Wherever it's located looks like it's right by my house. Unless this is too good to be true.

Thanks I will try that locator. I actually really hate the sunblock. It leaves the white cast you all spoke off and makes my skin look dull and ashy. Can't have that not even for sun protection so I may take it back or find another use for it, but in the mean time if I don't have any in my area what is another natural sunblock that doesn't leave the caste that is sold in stores.

Eta- hmm hard to see but I knew there had to be some here locally. But the map doesn't give me an address or store just a red flag. Or should I try viewing on a computer to get better information. Wherever it's located looks like it's right by my house. Unless this is too good to be true.
LOL, usually how it works, right :eek: We have another member in your area, let me see where she gets her SS from, I will get back to you!!

Here are online stores that do carry it as well.

Online Stores:
Walgreens.com
Drugstore.com
Iherb.com
Pharmaca.com

LOL, usually how it works, right :eek: We have another member in your area, let me see where she gets her SS from, I will get back to you!!

Here are online stores that do carry it as well.

Online Stores:
Walgreens.com
Drugstore.com
Iherb.com
Pharmaca.com
I saw those online stores but I want to pick it up so I can use ASAP if possible, because it's already burning out here. I was wondering since Walgreens carries it online if they carry in store too! That would be great!

Yes it says May 2016. And its unopened. So does that change its efficacy? @gymrat.
I would use it if it were in my cabinet :yes:. If its not yellow and still comes out of the tube white I would use it. I don't toss my products when they have expired, expiration dates are mainly for shelving purposes, similar to groceries. Basically, use your own discretion. If it looks bad and smells bad, toss it. Just like you would milk :thumbsup:

Not a boring question at all, that's a great question....

it it depends on the rain if it's a warm rain the sun still shining then I apply, if it's a cold rain dark and gloomy....heck no!! When it's dark clouds and raining I take advantage of those days and give my skin a break....only thing is, we rarely have days like so I can only dream about that happening here!!

As for % of zinc anything 8-10% in cooler climate will work decent, but if you are in a warmer climate the higher the zinc content the better protection you will have and less chance to tan.
what's your opinion on 7.5 % zinc for indoors(with windows but not direct sunlights) i reapply twice or thrice @gymrat

what's your opinion on 7.5 % zinc for indoors(with windows but not direct sunlights) i reapply twice or thrice @gymrat
You apply 7.5% zinc when staying indoors?? That's awesome. When and if I ever stay indoors I don't apply any!! So my hat is off to you :goldcup:

@gymrat, Please help, i'm already getting bra lines on my shoulders and a tanned v- neck. I use Burnout Eco and I try to apply religiously (I think) though not measuring by teaspoons. I try to avoid the sun during 10 -2pm but its hard to stay indoors with kids and the California sun isn't playing. What other measures can one take? I wear hats and long sleeves. I spent a lot of time, efforts and money trying to undo last summer's sun damage and don't want to go through that again. I swear I have a season pass to swim but not using it.
Any suggestions for neck and chest protection? Any advice is welcome please.

@gymrat, Please help, i'm already getting bra lines on my shoulders and a tanned v- neck. I use Burnout Eco and I try to apply religiously (I think) though not measuring by teaspoons. I try to avoid the sun during 10 -2pm but its hard to stay indoors with kids and the California sun isn't playing. What other measures can one take? I wear hats and long sleeves. I spent a lot of time, efforts and money trying to undo last summer's sun damage and don't want to go through that again. I swear I have a season pass to swim but not using it.
Any suggestions for neck and chest protection? Any advice is welcome please.
Run for shade, avoid being in the sun during 10-4 and if you must be out then re apply your sunscreen especially if swimming and or sweating. Other than that, not much you can do.

I wear Burnout and Purple Prairie and don't have tan lines yet........but I am also very sun savvy and don't hang out in it. Summer hasn't even started in Cali yet, wait til July and August :sunshine:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.