Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
they are genetically lighter. I'm reluctant to believe it has anything to do with diet but more to do with millions of years of evolution and genetics

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ummm.... different groups of people have different skin tones based on where their country is due to evolution. Their shades range in color, just like any other group.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think it's mostly skin lightening products. I think people tend to overestimate how light East Asians are, and totally underestimate the lightening culture in those places.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I think it might also depend upon where in Japan they reside because I've seen many Japanese men who were quite dark.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Odd, though, that Canadian Inuits live waaay up North where it is very cold & there's little sinlight for a great part of the year & many of them are quite dark!

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I wish I lived in Canada, I love the cold, over here in nyc, the weather fluctuates all year round, it was very warm last week like beach weather, this week its cool and chilly, next week its going to be in the 40s winter jacket weather brrr.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Japanese have uber nice skin! As in totally! It's all smooth and everything. There are some who are kind of dark or tanned though but still their skin is excellent! I do agree, maybe it has something to do with their weather and way of life!

·
Registered
222 Posts
You want to know their secret? There's many many many skin lightening products sold in Japan and the Japanese women are very good doing make up, hence gives smooth and fair complexion, but generally it's genetic since some Japanese are dark (mostly men) and fair (mostly women).

·
Registered
819 Posts
I wish I lived in Canada, I love the cold, over here in nyc, the weather fluctuates all year round, it was very warm last week like beach weather, this week its cool and chilly, next week its going to be in the 40s winter jacket weather brrr.
Hey Lightenandlift, i dream of coming to NYC. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fawnie...are you still taking
Nightingale Droppings

I'm Canadian and it does get very cold here and your skin gets so dry, chapped and red from the cold, I don't think cold weather has any redeeming qualities as far as skin goes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am naturally dark. If I stayed out in the sun all the time I get really dark. I was raised to tell people that I am Japanese - my ethnic background is from Okinawa. This always gets raised eyebrows when I say I am Japanese. I have wished that I had fair skin like people from Japan, but alas, it's not in the genes for me!

·
Registered
265 Posts
How can you think its skin lightening products. If we go back to 15 century japan I dont think you are gonna see many dark skin japanese and I dont think the samurai were slathering on lightening products.

There are darker japanese with acne. Are we basing this on what we see on tv?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts