Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried almost everything at this point and my skin doesn't want to lighten. The only things that work contain steroids or mercury. Don't be alarmed, this was years ago when I was uneducated... Even then, they did not make me light. Kojic acid has no effect on me and I have tried other natural products such as qei. I would like to try hq again, but even when I made a diy lotion I saw no results. When something does work it only lasts for a period of two weeks to a month e.g. Peau de lune. I take very good care of my skin and exfoliation/ sun protection is not the issue. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could chime in.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I take very good care of my skin and exfoliation/ sun protection is not the issue. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could chime in.
do you use acid based products to exfoliate if you don't try them for at least 3 to 4 months before starting with natural skin lightener.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you use acid based products to exfoliate if you don't try them for at least 3 to 4 months before starting with natural skin lightener.
Yep, and I'm careful not to overdo it. I use Glycolic acid for my kp and la lotion a few times a week.

·
Registered
12,752 Posts
This thread might help you http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/50298/enhancing-the-effectiveness-of-your-products

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yep, and I'm careful not to overdo it. I use Glycolic acid for my kp and la lotion a few times a week.
I don't know where you are on your lightening journey but I will suggest you to not use a higher % of AHA first
and per close attention to the way products work on your skin, this may be a PH issue or lack of hydration issue or your skin have an adverse reaction to acidic components..........
my skin always gets darker when i use anything acidic, so all the peeling, LA GA lotions on the body JAZZ is not for me
but I use 2X a week some 8% GA cream on my face to prevent acne.
Can you list the products you use on you next post ? and how you use them ? PLEASE.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know where you are on your lightening journey but I will suggest you to not use a higher % of AHA first and per close attention to the way products work on your skin, this may be a PH issue or lack of hydration issue or your skin have an adverse reaction to acidic components.......... my skin always gets darker when i use anything acidic, so all the peeling, LA GA lotions on the body JAZZ is not for me but I use 2X a week some 8% GA cream on my face to prevent acne. Can you list the products you use on you next post ? and how you use them ? PLEASE. 
I've actually been a member for years (had a different account and lost all the details). When I first started lightening around 5 years ago I used bio Claire. Bio Claire worked, but it didn't even manage to get me as light as most others that use steroids. When I started to get the pimples, stretch marks and black spots I stopped. It's been so long that I really can't remember my whole journey. About two/three years ago I decided to get serious with the supplements and skincare. I made my own hq lotion, la lotion did Glycolic acid peels and my skin was in beautiful condition. Unfortunately once again the hq did nothing. I have tried taking long breaks (6 months-1 year) but nothing helps. The last time I attempted to use hq was around 6 months ago (caro light mix). List of everything I have used in the past (that I can remember): Bio Claire Labidjanaise (steroid tube) Hot movate Otentika X white serum Soft n white (Papya) Fair and white aloe vera Fair and white original Precious gel Rose gel Green tea gel Kojie San soap Likas soap Carotein cream Kojic acid cream Caro light line Skin light Vit fee Nadinola Hq cream from all day chemist Sure white lotion/serum Maxi white What worked: Maxi peel (works sometimes) Yellow peeling oil (would try again as it peeled lightly) G&g cream/oil/lotion (only brightens) carotein gel (this really worked then they changed the formula) Peau de lune (worked soo well, skin was flawless but stopped working out of the blue and I darkened) Mequinol (really not sure if it worked used for iver three months would try again) Supplements: Msm (love and changes texture of my skin) Vitamin c in high doses (not sure) Grape seed extract (stopped after a few months) currently using: Qei Orange line (been using for three months and nothing)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have attempted to use hq with retin-a, without retin-a, whith aha lotions, and without. I relally just don't know what's left at this point. I still use retin-a once a week on my face to keep it clear. Thanks for the responses, appreciate it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Qei Orange line (been using for three months and nothing)
I would suggest ( body ) you to take a break from all these soaps and peel try to use moisturizing soap like Dove ... mix some bio claire not too much (lotion or jar cream ) + lightening glycerin + the whole jar of nadinola/ HQ 4% cream + abidjanaise oil + GG cream jar add 2 tablespoon of distilled water ( optional ).use your mix for 2 to 3 weeks then if that works continue .......... then later after few months you gonna start using mequinol.
please stay away from the sun especially when you use mequinol. I remember year ago I started using leucodinine B and my skin got dark very bad so mequinol doesn't work the same on everyone
for your face easy on exfoliation use lower % of GA cream not everyday.................. use nadinola + any face cream with arbutin or KA night time ..... daytime apply arbutin cream or KA cream + a good sunscreen
If you do all this 2X a day you should be ok and be Patient.
Good luck BOO !

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think some peoples skin are just too hard that even hydroquinone cant penetrate.but give nice glow

·
Registered
595 Posts
Boox I don't knw wat to suggest, buh don't be discouraged. If G n G lightened u a lil maybe if u gave it more time it may work more n more. Also wit qei carrot it darkens me b4 giving me a glow sorta buh wit priviledge I lighten pale golden. So maybe adding more serums may work???? Have u tried d "glow products" or makari or kojie san?? It may work mtkc I don't tink its thick skin ooo. My skin isn't thick. I've tried hq for 3days - 2weeks and all it gave me was ashy face. I was trying to lighten my face to match my body tho I wasn't lightening my body then. Buh wen I use "natural" lightners in 1week I start to see gradual improvements...

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have attempted to use hq with retin-a, without retin-a, whith aha lotions, and without. I relally just don't know what's left at this point. I still use retin-a once a week on my face to keep it clear. Thanks for the responses, appreciate it.
take a month break no lightening just moisturise for a month then start exfoliating use kojie San and a natural lighter you would be good

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have tried almost everything at this point and my skin doesn't want to lighten. The only things that work contain steroids or mercury. Don't be alarmed, this was years ago when I was uneducated... Even then, they did not make me light. Kojic acid has no effect on me and I have tried other natural products such as qei. I would like to try hq again, but even when I made a diy lotion I saw no results. When something does work it only lasts for a period of two weeks to a month e.g. Peau de lune. I take very good care of my skin and exfoliation/ sun protection is not the issue. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could chime in.
Do you take supplements that contain biotin? If not, then try hair, skin and nails supplements. Nothing worked for me until I started taking these supplements plus glutathione lotion and Kojic acid. Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts