Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My body skin is medium caramel. But my face is dark chocolate. I don't go out in the sun, so why is this so?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Even if you're not out in the sun all day, there is UV rays indoors and outdoors. Your face is the main area that is constantly being hit with UV rays which darken the skin.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But why is this darkening permanent? I have many white friends, and when they tan, the tan doesn't last more than 2 weeks. So, why has mine lasted so long?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I believe the darker your skin tone, the more easily your skin tans. However, I have very fair skin yet my face and neck are still slightly darker (more red) than my body. I also think it's because the skin on your face is thinner and the blood shows through easily.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I've never tried Revitol. I was actually thinking of using Makari for lightening my skin.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"the reason dark people get darker is because they have more melanin content in their skin.."

I don't understand this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the melanin pigment determines the level of tanning in one's skin.. just what SusanRL emphasized -

Quote: Originally Posted by

I believe the darker your skin tone, the more easily your skin tans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For starters, make sure that you use sunblock with at least SPF45 when you go out in the sun. At least this will help prevent further darkness. You may also consider using a hat to shade your face from the sun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think that everyone's body is different sometimes for some people less sun exposure doesmore than a person laying in the sun all day- thats my two cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts