Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Like seriously where is everyone? Are people not lightening their skin anymore, did they figure out something else other that layering creams and soap?

what am I missing here FR!
A lot of people stop, or they already achieved results. Then there are those that just buy from mixologist or get ideas from YouTube, or don't know this site exists.

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
I was addicted to this site from my senior year of high school to the end of my senior year of college so about 4 years and I had a LOT of time on my hands because I didn’t really go out that much other than college classes and hanging out; I had acne and a lot of money so skincare was more of an addiction and I loved to research and post on here. I loved the community members too, but I think going out in the real world took up most of my time and losing a lot of members kind of discouraged me from posting as much.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
This forum helped me tremendously during challenging times
I would say alot of the missing people have finally tapped into their routine for skincare and moved on
I look at it like school
Once you graduate from SCT your skin has improved and maybe people started businesses too
I definitely think this site has made an impact because everyone lightens & darkens nowadays its become a little bit of a normal taboo :) I see it out there, I can recognize it and salute it
No one will ever want pimples and blemishes and all those dreadful dark marks

Thanks to MJ the 👑

·
Administrator
33,932 Posts
I'm still here and have been for a very long time 😉 ...... agree with you DooDoo, lightening isn't so kept in the closet, its a bit more of a reality. Back when this forum started, it was frowned upon.........so if anything else, we gave them a platform to find like minded people, a safe place to ask questions and learn a little along the way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wish people would post more, I'd love for it to start Poppin off again. I also lurked here when I was in high school 10yrs ago ..dang it's been so long since my nadinola and skin success days lol. I've taken away such a wealth of information here about skin care in general. Many people I think migrated to Facebook groups also I think.. I miss those monthly challenges and reviews on products. I think everyone eventually moves on when they perfect their regimine or goals .

·
Registered
55 Posts
This forum helped me tremendously during challenging times
I would say alot of the missing people have finally tapped into their routine for skincare and moved on
I look at it like school
Once you graduate from SCT your skin has improved and maybe people started businesses too
I definitely think this site has made an impact because everyone lightens & darkens nowadays its become a little bit of a normal taboo :) I see it out there, I can recognize it and salute it
No one will ever want pimples and blemishes and all those dreadful dark marks

Thanks to MJ the 👑
Wow Almost 10years. I’m nostalgic. This is accurate. This site really helped me after high school. Played a huge role in piloting my aesthetic career. Although I admit I resolved my self esteem and skin issues. I left the toxic relationship that made me want to bleach so bad ages ago. I didn’t want to be so light anymore. I just want great skin before my permatan. Plus I’m super scheduled. I guess we did graduate but trust me a lot of people are still bleaching. Let’s not forget the brownskin girl era changed minds and bbl era distracted people. Aging makes a lot of people realize they need to prioritize skin health over tone I guess. I love everyone like old friends.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow Almost 10years. I’m nostalgic. This is accurate. This site really helped me after high school. Played a huge role in piloting my aesthetic career. Although I admit I resolved my self esteem and skin issues. I left the toxic relationship that made me want to bleach so bad ages ago. I didn’t want to be so light anymore. I just want great skin before my permatan. Plus I’m super scheduled. I guess we did graduate but trust me a lot of people are still bleaching. Let’s not forget the brownskin girl era changed minds and bbl era distracted people. Aging makes a lot of people realize they need to prioritize skin health over tone I guess. I love everyone like old friends.
Seeing fair and white, skin light etc in stores and smelling certain soaps takes me back to my old days. It was fun. Skincare is a lot more mainstream now with brands like inkeylist, the ordinary and influencers taking over.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
my sister had really bad acne and blemishes and joined on my laptop and then I think she was banned years ago lol
I was told because she registered on my computer so she can’t have an account or something (shrugs)
Not sure if she re registered because her skin still looks bad smh

Reactions: laili9000 and Dehum

·
Administrator
33,932 Posts
I don’t think people are less interested. I tried to join the site two times now and join the forums on skin lightening and mequinol but was banned, so I think a lot of people are getting banned or were getting banned. I stopped trying for a while after getting banned twice :/
Well............I would be the one to ban you 🙋‍ , and you would be banned if you have multiple accounts and or are spamming. If you are spamming the system will catch it, if it doesn't, I will. If your using multiple accounts, our system tracks that as well.

You wouldn't be banned for no reason, there is always a reason.........just saying.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I think it’s because there aren’t any new products that are popular and work really well. There was the caro white era, then the skin light era then the Piona era then the dodo era. I feel like most people know how to use the products and which products to stay away from. Also after you’ve hit your goal many times lightening isn’t has exciting. I took a long break and I was my original color for almost a year. Now that I’m lightening again it’s not as fun or exciting even when I reach a new level of lightness. Also sometimes I look at pictures of lighter me and I kinda feel bad for her like she wasn’t all the way mentally there. I started lightening at 15 I’m 25 turning 26 next year I think most of us are maturing and with age you care a lot less. Also my focus has switched to surgery I have a nose job booked before my birthday. Now I’m around Tahoe by NARS or 345 fenty I like this color I’d never try for NC20 again especially after all the times I’ve been burned NC35 is my highest I’m willing to go. Now I only really lighten for social mobility not because I do badly want to be light/pale like before. Before I enjoyed the journey it was so fun to see what I could accomplish everything was new! Now I know what to expect now it’s just a chore something in the background it’s not at the forefront for me anymore. I also like someone said there is so much information on skincare on YouTube ig TikTok etc. back in 2014–15 etc. skin care wasn’t popular so this thread was gold I learned so much from reading this thread and I’m so thankful for the family I had here. It was an amazing place with like
Minded people where I could say what I wanted and I could honestly share my experiences I could find people that relate to me

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
I think it’s because there aren’t any new products that are popular and work really well. There was the caro white era, then the skin light era then the Piona era then the dodo era. I feel like most people know how to use the products and which products to stay away from. Also after you’ve hit your goal many times lightening isn’t has exciting. I took a long break and I was my original color for almost a year. Now that I’m lightening again it’s not as fun or exciting even when I reach a new level of lightness. Also sometimes I look at pictures of lighter me and I kinda feel bad for her like she wasn’t all the way mentally there. I started lightening at 15 I’m 25 turning 26 next year I think most of us are maturing and with age you care a lot less. Also my focus has switched to surgery I have a nose job booked before my birthday. Now I’m around Tahoe by NARS or 345 fenty I like this color I’d never try for NC20 again especially after all the times I’ve been burned NC35 is my highest I’m willing to go. Now I only really lighten for social mobility not because I do badly want to be light/pale like before. Before I enjoyed the journey it was so fun to see what I could accomplish everything was new! Now I know what to expect now it’s just a chore something in the background it’s not at the forefront for me anymore. I also like someone said there is so much information on skincare on YouTube ig TikTok etc. back in 2014–15 etc. skin care wasn’t popular so this thread was gold I learned so much from reading this thread and I’m so thankful for the family I had here. It was an amazing place with like
Minded people where I could say what I wanted and I could honestly share my experiences I could find people that relate to me
I’m glad you said that, yes I think in my case My thoughts on skin and skincare changed due to maturing with age and caring less about searching for the best and greatest product- focusing more on having clear, healthy radiant skin and sticking to the basics of nightly retinoid, daily antioxidant and sunscreen use. If you don’t mind me asking - which lightening products specifically did you use that got you so light? These brand names like dodo, carotis, etc sound sketchy to my in terms of safe and non comedogenic ingredients. Please let me know.

·
Administrator
33,932 Posts
Been lurking for 10+ years. Yes, l use YouTube and read. It's a pity though because there are new lightening ingredients like Cysteamine and rucinol that no one reviews on here.
I've used Cystemine in a cream form, it isn't new. Its prescription only, and doesn't hold a candle to HQ. Just because its not talked about doesn't mean people haven't dabbled in it 😉 . There aren't enough hours in the day for me to tell you every product I've tried........and far too many not worth talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would have been nice to have a thread that shares experiences comparing all known/tried alternative whitening ingredients to hq on a scale. I haven't tried that many and l wish l knew this before ordering my first cysteamine powder. Anyone tried Rucinol btw? Saw a thread on it many years ago but not much discussion on it either. My experience of this forum is mostly positive but l miss having immediate access to the information l need. Especially when l don't want to read long threads or need scientific proof about something. For this reason, l read publications and check youtube chanels from dermatologists on specific topics. There is still a lot of mystery in the skincare industry especially with products from Africa and Asia because of hidden ingredients like mercury and steroids. No one knows for instance the actual ingredients in pink ozone soap, Goat milk pearl soap, QM soap, Nano extra white, etc beyond what manufacturers say. I think if we want more life on here these newer products should be discussed because that's what some people are using now and information about it is mostly on YouTube from mixologists and non professionals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts