Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I know how you feel, I really do!!
The most active year for me was 2009/2010. It used to be so much fun and I was here every...single...day!! lol
It was so informative, helpful members, lots of feedback and exchange of ideas.
I was here when YahooGroups was still a thing! lol (remember those?)

But then drama from Askmehelpdesk skin lightening forums spilled over here.
So began the finger pointing, false accusations and yes I was temporarily Banned as well.

I was let back in (years ago) after clearing my name but by then it left a sour taste in my mouth.
It just wasn't the same for me anymore but I stop by from time to time to see what's up.

Ahhhh....the good old days lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
for the sake of nostalgia, ill post my history here haha. i joined around 2010 (got locked out of my original account, it was diffirent than this one) and that was definitely the heyday of SCT! it was very active :)

i was here on and off after like 2016 i think. then i noticed that a lot of users didn’t post any more. i reached my lightening goal like 5 years in, although im lightorexic (og’s will know this term lol) and always want to go lighter. since then ive just been maintaining. maybe the same goes for the older users, once you have a regimen down theres less they want to post about

all the knowledge you need for lightening is in the posts here. seriously, everything. this is the encyclopedia of lightening, truly a great resources the mods and users have made. type site:skincaretalk.com into google then your search terms, thats how i used to find a lot of stuff.

this was a great trip down memory lane haha. i still get the forum emails so i popped in to see what was up :) best wishes to everyone!

·
Registered
193 Posts
for the sake of nostalgia, ill post my history here haha. i joined around 2010 (got locked out of my original account, it was diffirent than this one) and that was definitely the heyday of SCT! it was very active :)

i was here on and off after like 2016 i think. then i noticed that a lot of users didn’t post any more. i reached my lightening goal like 5 years in, although im lightorexic (og’s will know this term lol) and always want to go lighter. since then ive just been maintaining. maybe the same goes for the older users, once you have a regimen down theres less they want to post about

all the knowledge you need for lightening is in the posts here. seriously, everything. this is the encyclopedia of lightening, truly a great resources the mods and users have made. type site:skincaretalk.com into google then your search terms, thats how i used to find a lot of stuff.

this was a great trip down memory lane haha. i still get the forum emails so i popped in to see what was up :) best wishes to everyone!
I agree with you 100% there are so many resources on here yet people creating new query post when there are plenty of information on here.

·
Banned
7,941 Posts
I agree with you ladies. I think in the hey day of SCT, it probably wasn’t the best for my skin because I was using A LOT of products, but currently, the bare minimum basics is what truly rescued my skin and have healed it. Trying and mixing all those products might be fun for posting and chatting about but not good for the skin and actually causes damage, that could’ve simply been prevented if I was mature enough to understand that Simplicity is best!

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
I agree with you ladies. I think in the hey day of SCT, it probably wasn’t the best for my skin because I was using A LOT of products, but currently, the bare minimum basics is what truly rescued my skin and have healed it. Trying and mixing all those products might be fun for posting and chatting about but not good for the skin and actually causes damage, that could’ve simply been prevented if I was mature enough to understand that Simplicity is best!
Oh trust me you were given this advice ;) , now whether you listened or not is another story.
I for one have always said "less is best", and keep things simple. Product overload is never good, for many reasons.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you just google whatever your looking for and add site:skincaretalk.com to your search, you can find sooo much information. I still come here from time to time to see if things have picked back up.

I definitely believe most people have got a pretty good regimen and have (for the most part) achieved their skin care goals. Also, they may have migrated to YouTube as well.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Nothing beats Hq thats the bottom line lol.. you've gotta know if and how you can use it. Even natural users dib and dab spot treat with hq
Don't quote me though:giggle:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I lost allllll my log in info and just found an old phone with it in there! I’m trying to get active again because I’m still looking for effective ways to lighten my inner thighs. Also….cleaning up the yard and damage from Hurricane Ida I have alllll kinda scars on my legs and I need those gone too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
aww Im sorry to hear this
What is going on that you don’t see progress @21yearold
Hey I'm really sorry for my late reply. Hope you are doing well. Basically I want to lighten my skin but I don't see anything working. glut injections (IV) didn't do anything and I started using hydro 2% from amazon but that hasn't changed anything either. I'm willing to invest into a full proper routine but I just don't know what to use and where to start or if anything even works out there. I can pm pics as well. Appreciate your help and apologies again for the late reply

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Hey I'm really sorry for my late reply. Hope you are doing well. Basically I want to lighten my skin but I don't see anything working. glut injections (IV) didn't do anything and I started using hydro 2% from amazon but that hasn't changed anything either. I'm willing to invest into a full proper routine but I just don't know what to use and where to start or if anything even works out there. I can pm pics as well. Appreciate your help and apologies again for the late reply
Hi!
I thought you were never coming back lol
You can private message me pics if you’d like this way I can see your tone and advise you
People on Youtube are charging for advise & consults for skin nowadays
Things have changed in this market and alot of stuff doesn’t work.

So many companies capitalizing on skin lightening, when it actually takes years to do it properly

Reactions: gymrat
41 - 51 of 51 Posts