Skin Care Talk banner

Why is this site so DEAD now?

18K views 56 replies 29 participants last post by  miched 
#1 ·
Like seriously where is everyone? Are people not lightening their skin anymore, did they figure out something else other that layering creams and soap?

what am I missing here FR!

#3 ·
This forum helped me tremendously during challenging times
I would say alot of the missing people have finally tapped into their routine for skincare and moved on
I look at it like school
Once you graduate from SCT your skin has improved and maybe people started businesses too
I definitely think this site has made an impact because everyone lightens & darkens nowadays its become a little bit of a normal taboo :) I see it out there, I can recognize it and salute it
No one will ever want pimples and blemishes and all those dreadful dark marks

Thanks to MJ the 👑

#7 ·
Wow Almost 10years. I’m nostalgic. This is accurate. This site really helped me after high school. Played a huge role in piloting my aesthetic career. Although I admit I resolved my self esteem and skin issues. I left the toxic relationship that made me want to bleach so bad ages ago. I didn’t want to be so light anymore. I just want great skin before my permatan. Plus I’m super scheduled. I guess we did graduate but trust me a lot of people are still bleaching. Let’s not forget the brownskin girl era changed minds and bbl era distracted people. Aging makes a lot of people realize they need to prioritize skin health over tone I guess. I love everyone like old friends.

#5 ·
I'm still here and have been for a very long time 😉 ...... agree with you DooDoo, lightening isn't so kept in the closet, its a bit more of a reality. Back when this forum started, it was frowned upon.........so if anything else, we gave them a platform to find like minded people, a safe place to ask questions and learn a little along the way.

#6 ·
I wish people would post more, I'd love for it to start Poppin off again. I also lurked here when I was in high school 10yrs ago ..dang it's been so long since my nadinola and skin success days lol. I've taken away such a wealth of information here about skin care in general. Many people I think migrated to Facebook groups also I think.. I miss those monthly challenges and reviews on products. I think everyone eventually moves on when they perfect their regimine or goals .

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Well............I would be the one to ban you 🙋‍ , and you would be banned if you have multiple accounts and or are spamming. If you are spamming the system will catch it, if it doesn't, I will. If your using multiple accounts, our system tracks that as well.

You wouldn't be banned for no reason, there is always a reason.........just saying.

#10 ·
my sister had really bad acne and blemishes and joined on my laptop and then I think she was banned years ago lol
I was told because she registered on my computer so she can’t have an account or something (shrugs)
Not sure if she re registered because her skin still looks bad smh

#12 ·
I think it’s because there aren’t any new products that are popular and work really well. There was the caro white era, then the skin light era then the Piona era then the dodo era. I feel like most people know how to use the products and which products to stay away from. Also after you’ve hit your goal many times lightening isn’t has exciting. I took a long break and I was my original color for almost a year. Now that I’m lightening again it’s not as fun or exciting even when I reach a new level of lightness. Also sometimes I look at pictures of lighter me and I kinda feel bad for her like she wasn’t all the way mentally there. I started lightening at 15 I’m 25 turning 26 next year I think most of us are maturing and with age you care a lot less. Also my focus has switched to surgery I have a nose job booked before my birthday. Now I’m around Tahoe by NARS or 345 fenty I like this color I’d never try for NC20 again especially after all the times I’ve been burned NC35 is my highest I’m willing to go. Now I only really lighten for social mobility not because I do badly want to be light/pale like before. Before I enjoyed the journey it was so fun to see what I could accomplish everything was new! Now I know what to expect now it’s just a chore something in the background it’s not at the forefront for me anymore. I also like someone said there is so much information on skincare on YouTube ig TikTok etc. back in 2014–15 etc. skin care wasn’t popular so this thread was gold I learned so much from reading this thread and I’m so thankful for the family I had here. It was an amazing place with like
Minded people where I could say what I wanted and I could honestly share my experiences I could find people that relate to me

#13 ·
I’m glad you said that, yes I think in my case My thoughts on skin and skincare changed due to maturing with age and caring less about searching for the best and greatest product- focusing more on having clear, healthy radiant skin and sticking to the basics of nightly retinoid, daily antioxidant and sunscreen use. If you don’t mind me asking - which lightening products specifically did you use that got you so light? These brand names like dodo, carotis, etc sound sketchy to my in terms of safe and non comedogenic ingredients. Please let me know.

#48 ·
Hey I'm really sorry for my late reply. Hope you are doing well. Basically I want to lighten my skin but I don't see anything working. glut injections (IV) didn't do anything and I started using hydro 2% from amazon but that hasn't changed anything either. I'm willing to invest into a full proper routine but I just don't know what to use and where to start or if anything even works out there. I can pm pics as well. Appreciate your help and apologies again for the late reply

#17 ·
I've used Cystemine in a cream form, it isn't new. Its prescription only, and doesn't hold a candle to HQ. Just because its not talked about doesn't mean people haven't dabbled in it 😉 . There aren't enough hours in the day for me to tell you every product I've tried........and far too many not worth talking about.

#18 ·
Would have been nice to have a thread that shares experiences comparing all known/tried alternative whitening ingredients to hq on a scale. I haven't tried that many and l wish l knew this before ordering my first cysteamine powder. Anyone tried Rucinol btw? Saw a thread on it many years ago but not much discussion on it either. My experience of this forum is mostly positive but l miss having immediate access to the information l need. Especially when l don't want to read long threads or need scientific proof about something. For this reason, l read publications and check youtube chanels from dermatologists on specific topics. There is still a lot of mystery in the skincare industry especially with products from Africa and Asia because of hidden ingredients like mercury and steroids. No one knows for instance the actual ingredients in pink ozone soap, Goat milk pearl soap, QM soap, Nano extra white, etc beyond what manufacturers say. I think if we want more life on here these newer products should be discussed because that's what some people are using now and information about it is mostly on YouTube from mixologists and non professionals.

#19 ·
Creating a thread is very simple, its right at your finger tips.....what are you waiting for?

We have so many threads here with so much content, if you are looking for something that doesn't exist, then start a thread with your questions. What I can tell you is..........the thread your currently on isn't the place to do that.

#20 ·
I haven't been able to start one. I tried in the past and some weeks ago. Not sure if it's possible now because l posted in this discussion and maybe unlocked that feature now but l've found some publication on them for review atm. Anyway, what l have written is my personal observation over the years and my answer to the question above. I'll probably post when l've tried what l've ordered or have something to share...if I'm able to post.

#21 ·
Wow it’s been years since I been on the forum and years since I joined, I randomly decided to see if this site was around after browsing YouTube self care vids and thought to myself, remember SCT and the real GOATS of skincare. I learned so much from you guys, I reached my goal but fell off, not by much. I have a lot of knowledge and easily bounce back. I’m thankful for this forum before social media was really putting out this type of info or really existed 😊😊😊😊 ❤❤❤❤ Love all you guys and hope everyone is doing well ✨

#22 ·
Wow it’s been years since I been on the forum and years since I joined, I randomly decided to see if this site was around after browsing YouTube self care vids and thought to myself, remember SCT and the real GOATS of skincare. I learned so much from you guys, I reached my goal but fell off, not by much. I have a lot of knowledge and easily bounce back. I’m thankful for this forum before social media was really putting out this type of info or really existed 😊😊😊😊 ❤❤❤❤ Love all you guys and hope everyone is doing well ✨
@Mixedchica how are you, long time no see??!! SCT is still around, we've gone through a few different platform changes, but other then that, it's still the same.

So glad you stopped in to say hello.....there are so many like yourself who appreciate SCT and invested the time and energy it took to reach your goal. We learned and shared so much over the years right here. We found a way to reach like minded people, LONG before SM was even a thing. For that, in my eyes, we are pretty special.

The originals of SCT are like family. Just because you don't see/hear from them, you will never forget them 😘

#25 ·
Hey everyone,

Wow can't believe a lot of you guys are still around! I'm so happy to see that this site is still running...I was active back in 2011 and then life got in the way, I had 4 babies in that time and now I'm done having babies I'm trying to get my skin one complexion again. I basically forgot everything and have to start from zero lol. Well I know the basics but have no idea of what products to use. So happy to see y'all especially @gymrat i can never forget your name handle 😆

#26 ·
Hey everyone,

Wow can't believe a lot of you guys are still around! I'm so happy to see that this site is still running...I was active back in 2011 and then life got in the way, I had 4 babies in that time and now I'm done having babies I'm trying to get my skin one complexion again. I basically forgot everything and have to start from zero lol. Well I know the basics but have no idea of what products to use. So happy to see y'all especially @gymrat i can never forget your name handle 😆
Awwh great to see you @MissDedicated yep were still around ;). Congrats on the babies, having 4 will keep you busy!! Enjoy them, cuz they grow up SO fast. Get back on the wagon, plenty of us here to help you get back on track.

Merry Christmas 🎄

This post has been deleted
#29 ·
I can relate when life gets busy because you look at your skin two yrs later and your skin looks messy again. I promised myself I will be consistent this year with skincare hopefully forever this time around

#31 ·
Omg the memories are flooding back!!😭😭
Just logged in after years off being away and happy to recognize some familiar users.
Just like y’all life, maturity, and wisdom was what contributed to my inactivity overtime.
I learned a lot about skincare overall and started being more realistic about my goals.
During the 10+ years of lightening there was too many up and downs and came to realize my dream goal at 18 was not going to be sustainable.
The social affects was my really my wake up call. Can’t be making friends and being outgoing with a Rihanna face, hit a wall and return with Meagan Good face. Got everybody confused, and your lack of confidence and reclusiveness starts to show!😂

Anyways long story short, I’m still obsessed as ever with skincare but now aim for super clear, even skin. It’s still light compared to my start in 2009, due to now never holding a tan whatsoever. I’ve reached and maintained my goal through derm recommended products and treatments. Couldn’t have done it without starting off with this forum. Love y’all!!

#32 ·
@Manay oh my gosh.......you all are bringing back memories for ME!! How are you?! All these oldies but goodies stopping by to say hello, MADE my day!! I get life can be busy, I also get it about maturity and wisdom........regardless of what kept you away, I am SO glad that SCT had a positive impact for you 😘

Please don't be strangers y'all !! XOXO

#34 ·
Yes. Do miss some people (though I wasn’t really that active myself) - Xarar, Flowerscent, Hotblond, Iamme, Gus1993, and this lively girl (forgot the name but she had a Kuwaiti background). Good, ol’ days. Garnered so much knowledge and made some real great memories. :))

#35 ·
We all come back. You don’t necessarily see us, but we lurk around. The forum has evolved and that “perfect storm” that happened a decade ago brought together a great amount of knowledge and some wonderful friendships. I can remember reading threads from beginning to end to learn from the masters. I was so envious of their knowledge and their willingness to share. Still keep a good daily routine…without the jessner/tca… dermatologist never believed I was doing them at home, but that’s another story. Glad the forum is still here!

#36 ·
Yup, still here all these years and still lurking LOL. I fell off glutha iv, pills, lotions. Still struggling with dark neck,stomach and dark booty undercuff lol. I just want one even tone (not lighter shades) all overrrrrr!!!! Very frustrating. Geeshhhhh, But I feel hopeful for the year. Maybe expensive creams isn't the answer, but Mitchell brand if consistent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.