Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few years ago i wa reading about why many japanese seem not to age and the answer was pure 'Camellia Oil' ,i have been using this oil for several years now,and it is truly amazing stuff ,you can almost feel it working ,and the good news is it is not expensive.
i slosh a lot on before i go to bed,and after a few minutes i put a cheapy face cream on,yes its rather messy so i put a towel on my pillow.
i am often getting comments about how clear my skin is ,and not a wrinkle in sight.
i now alternate between days with a retinol cream and an argireline serum for daytime use.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That is true secrets, my nephew married a japanese she is 30 years old and looks 16. Can I ask how old you are and where do you buy this Camellia oil?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Japanese generally eat better than we do as well. It wasn't until American fast-food restaurants opened in Japan that they started having obesity issues.
It pays to look to eastern culture for healthy living tips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also believe that it's not juz camellia oil that's keeping Japanese people youthful looking coz I dun think every Japanese uses this oil. What keeps them young is their diet i think. They consume lots of seaweed, rice, tofu, miso, green tea, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
one of the biggest reasons why majority japanese ppl don't age as quick as westerners is bcuz they star anti-aging treatment when they turn 16-18
some of them don't do much skincare but at least they take collagen pills or collagen drink! collagen tea, collagen juice and even collagen miso-soup!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is true secrets, my nephew married a japanese she is 30 years old and looks 16. Can I ask how old you are and where do you buy this Camellia oil?

hello mariepop,
i am 44 and i am apparently ,not allowed to post where i purchase the oil here!sorry.!

but there are many places on the net selling it, the genuine stuff has to be a yellow tinge and not clear liquid.
as other posters say,of course their diet must help ,and starlight,of course not everyone uses this oil,but many generations of Japanese do.
i know many people here who have always lived extremely healthy lives and not overeat,but non of them look amazing.....yes they have great figures,but their faces are drawn and lined.

·
Registered
22 Posts
beauty-tricks.com/beautyblog/?p=57

Quote: Originally Posted by

However, we learned that Korean and Japanese women who have the most beautiful skin in the world, use a 5 step routine. A trip to any Korean or Japanese cosmetics store can help you gain valuable insights to their rituals and beauty secret...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I lived in Thailand and I have a thing for Asia in general and I can tell you 110% it is not any specific factor. East Asians and SouthEast Asians age differently just like Black Africans and African Americans. It has to do with genetics, lack of sun exposure and when they are exposed they have better pigmentation to deal with it (in the case of S.E Asians). They eat healthier, the women tend NOT to smoke or drink heavily as many Asians lack an enzyme to digest alcohol and thus they are stopped automatically. I think you need to look at the large picture. The other thing which I have noticed on both Black and Asian people is that while they do not age, when they do it is sudden and dramatic. They can get to 50 or even 60 with hardly a wrinkle but then one day they look old, smaller and shrivelled. It is just that they have a different genetic aging process.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree w/the previous posts. I definitely believe it is a combination of genetics, a skin care ritual and diet. I believe that the Japanese have a lot of soy in their diets. I had never heard of the Oil before and it sounds interesting.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
one of the biggest reasons why majority japanese ppl don't age as quick as westerners is bcuz they star anti-aging treatment when they turn 16-18
some of them don't do much skincare but at least they take collagen pills or collagen drink! collagen tea, collagen juice and even collagen miso-soup!!
JILL, do you use collagen supplements? Which ones do you think help you the most?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Even Asian men have beautiful skin! As for collagen drinks, well I used to drink them when I lived in Thailand and they really are rather nasty! They have bits of stuff in them and are not so much a beauty drink as a "delicacy". If anyone does know of a good collagen supplement let me know too! I am mad on supplements. I take about 40 morning and night of all different vitamins, anti-oxidants and herbs!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Lexi
Do you think that would be a good thread? List our supplements, what they are for and any benefits we have seen from them? So many of us here are mad about supplements!!!!
Also list our cheapest sources?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yes! I am very into my supplements and use them for everything! I have some great sources as well! You should start it as you have a following here so people will flock to your post!

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes! I am very into my supplements and use them for everything! I have some great sources as well! You should start it as you have a following here so people will flock to your post!
HahA! I don't know about the following part...but I started a thread for us under the Diet and Exercise heading. Want to tell us what all you take? Be brave!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Even Asian men have beautiful skin! As for collagen drinks, well I used to drink them when I lived in Thailand and they really are rather nasty! They have bits of stuff in them and are not so much a beauty drink as a "delicacy". If anyone does know of a good collagen supplement let me know too! I am mad on supplements. I take about 40 morning and night of all different vitamins, anti-oxidants and herbs!
Hello Lexi,good to hear of others taking a load of supplements too,i take around 60 each day,the trouble is i,ve forgotten what most of them are supposed to do.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hello Lexi,good to hear of others taking a load of supplements too,i take around 60 each day,the trouble is i,ve forgotten what most of them are supposed to do.
You are not alone!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts