Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Skin Whitening Pills Cannot Work

Recent demand hikes for skin whitening have led to the development of so-called skin whitening pills as advertised by various companies. These companies make claims of achieving all-over whiter skin by taking internal medication.

The principle behind these claims is highly attractive. However, to accomplish a lighter skin tone, these pills must target melanin producing cells only and leave all other cells in the body untargeted. Such a task has been the goal of science for centuries. Indeed, if medical science could target only particular cell groups effectively, cancer would be completely treatable.

Targeting particular cells is very difficult and has not ever been possible. Some manufacturers of skin whitening pills, however, claim to provide high quantities of Vitamin C and other skin whitening ingredients to the entire body (including skin cells) and, as such, they can achieve skin whitening. Unfortunately, this approach is not feasible either, because to provide such a high strength of Vitamin C (or any other ingredient) to all melanin-producing cells based on internal medication, one would have to consume poisonous amounts of such ingredients.

We strongly urge the consumer to be aware of these basic principles and judge claims of skin whitening from suppliers of skin whitening pills accordingly.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else has opinions on skin lightening pills?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
They are a big scam & potentially dangerous. There is no miracle short cut. Discipline, patience & the careful use of the correct compounds (& sunblock) is the scientifically confirmed way to go. BTW, where did that info come from, Nikkicute? Is it something you wrote or does it come from another source?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a post from January 2004 from an old skin whitening product called Sennine White Drops.
(copy/pasted)

Someone posted about whitening pills I forgot where the thread was so I posted this. I think this is the best explanation I have ever read as to why these pills don't work.

But people are still searching for them after all these years. If there was such a thing we would have heard about it and when Forbes rich list came out the inventor of these pills would have been near the top. LOL!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts