Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting some GSE to see if it will treat the horrible Melasma I have. Can anyone recommend a brand and how much to take daily? I am currently taking MSM, Vit.C, and a liver detox....can't say I see any results, but then again, I was out in the sun a lot last month....

Thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
What is GSE? Grapefruit Seed Extract?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
What does GSE do? Or why does one need to take it? Never mind, I will call Mr Google.-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Wow, so I learned something new tonight. After ready up on GSE I wonder if it would help those who suffer from acne?? I think it couldn't hurt to try.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Apparently it's good for mange and toenail fungus too. You know there are so many cleaning products out today with citrus extracts in them that cut grease and kill germs. The citrus growers are going wild reaping benefits from something they used to discard before! The best cat litter used to be one I found that was made of chopped up citrus peels - Citramax. But now I can't find it anywhere! Poo!

Are you going to try GSE on someone as an experiment, gym?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yep, I am shopping for it as we speak. I will have my 17 year old give it a try. It is getting to be basketball season and he always has a break out during that time of year. They sell it in liquid and capsule form.

Funny, you like the citrus kitty litter. One of my favorite dog odor spray product is Orange-Oxy. I love that stuff. Smells great!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeh and I can just see Oranges spraying everything in sight with it!!! It does smell great! One caveat though - it doesn't work so good as bathroom spray. I had to take it out of DH bathroom. It just smells like orange poo...not so good.

Waaaaay off topic, sorry for that.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
110 Posts
What brand do u guys use? I went to whole foods they only have capsules. I tried gnc and my local nutrition shop and they also only have capsules. I bought it for now but I would like to try the liquid form..

·
Registered
73 Posts
We don't have over the counter GSE in NZ and to buy it over the internet is really expensive so instead I just eat three small grapefruit, seeds and all (minus slight peel but leave most of the white fleashy pith for fibre on) and mix with greek yogurt - waste not! Helps control wicked fungal infections but haven't seen it change my melasma but it could be because I'm not taking the extract just eating the actual seeds themselves!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Donnz

You can buy GSE over the counter at Harvest Whole Foods, in Grey Lynn in Auckland. I think if you ring them they may mail you some if you send them a cheque? That's where I get mine. Its about $25 NZ for 20mls

1 - 15 of 15 Posts