Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it good for lightening dark spots on the face, or removing tan? What of hydrogen peroxide, I believe they're used for teeth, so is it safe for skin?

·
Registered
19 Posts
they have this Age Spot and Pigment Lightening gel by Murad for a super good price that does wonders for dark spots.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is it good for lightening dark spots on the face, or removing tan? What of hydrogen peroxide, I believe they're used for teeth, so is it safe for skin?
OMG do NOT put hydrogen peroxide on your skin!! That stuff is a strong chemical bleach and is not meant for skin. It will burn and scar your skin permanently.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hydrogen peroxide isn't that bad for your skin. Hasn't anyone ever used peroxide for a cut? its the same stuff. Personally though, really? Toothpaste on the skin? Sounds sketchy. I would just get a gentle skin brightener, and use sunscreen - all day, everyday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If your in a bind and have nothing else Toothpast can sub for acne cream. It takes away the red of the zit and helps dry it up. But I wouldn't use any with lightening agents in it

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The word TOOTH should tell you what it is est used for. Peroxide can damage your skin: for cuts, you are better off ewith polysporin or something like it. You only have one face. You already are dissatisfied with the colour it is. Do not make things worse by using something not meant for skin on it. I too am doing research to find out what works well & what is safe. Before I am 100% certain, I will not fool with Mother Nature!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Ondine is right.

HP will actually make your cut take longer to heal since its a destroy health skin tissue as well.

I will reiterate once again. Keep toothpaste off your face.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts