Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a extremely uneven skin tone on my face. I have light areas here, dark areas there etc. i hate it and it makes me feel so self consicous.

anyways, a year ago i went to a dermatologist and he gave me hydroquinone 4% and glycolic acid 50%. my face started to get very clear! i was so happy! but then i moved to a different country[army] and they did not have the glycolic acid....so i only have the hydroquinone. I was looking up home remedies for uneven skin and lemon juice comes up alot. my question is can i use the lemon juice and hydroquinone together? or will that be dangerous?

thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Search for "lemon." We found that its not as good as it's said to be, several people have burned their face.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I once read in an indian website if you want to lighten your complexion , you need to mix equal amount of lemon juice with cucumber juice if you've oily skin.. lemon juice with honey in the case of dry skin. I don't know if this works though. I started trying this method a few days ago but then gave up as I've got sensitive skin and it was giving me break-outs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lemon is good for clearing blemishes however should not be used on its own. Have tried this recipe and found it quite effective - Mix 2 teaspoons of honey, 1teaspoon of lemon juice, pinch of salt and tumeric - apply this mixture to a clean face before going to bed at night, then your usual moisturiser. Do this for a week and you should notice a difference. Note of caution the tumeric and salt should be used very sparingly.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Do not mix acids unless you are both a pharmacist & a dermatologist. You face is NOT the place to experiment with chemicals! The product I am using contains 4% hydroquinone & glycolic acid safely balanced & suspended. If you use it properly, it is safe & effective. Please check out my thread called "I've found something that works". I've just ended week 2 & I'm very satisfied with the results so far. The thread is long but it is worth reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts