Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an extension of my previous thread

I wanted to add a picture of my current skin color.

IMG LINK:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2z527w8.jpg

Now.. this was during the summer.. and I had a slight tan, and I actually glow.. so use this as a reference, and just lighten me up and add some radiance or something. Haha.

I basically want to light up perhaps 1-2+ shades.
Since I want my skin to be light and fair, and not something that slows me down. D:

I am looking for something NON-CANCEROUS, and something that words in a decent amount of time and is permanent.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Your skin is quite fair already so lightening it a little ought to be a walk in the park! Try the HQ4% alternating with Tretinoin 0.1%. If your skin is very sensitive, you might begin with a lower dose to see how you adapt. The HQ4% is a safe enough & low enough dose to not do anything unexpected. In about 4-6 mnths, you should be able to achieve your goal. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are quite fair already so lightening a little ought to be easy for you. Thanks for the photo. My husband says that I shouldn't post mine for safety reasons since anyone can instantly join this site. I look a lot like Iman & Liya Kebede only not tall. I am neither Somali nor Ethiopian & I'm more Indian looking. I am a little fairer that Kebede is. Hypothermic: we do resemble a lot around the eyes & the cheekbones. You remind me of my son!

·
Registered
43 Posts
You don't need to use any product that contains hydroquinone or retinol. Just get papaya kojic soap, papaya soap, or glutathione soap (take your pic). Any of these 3 soaps should give you the results you desire withing a 1-2month period.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sorry but I am going to go against opinion and say this to you--UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON WHY CONSIDER WHITENING? I mean you are LIGHT! If you are trying to look more caucasian as a goal then you will need to deal with features but not skin. I know white people darker than you and certainly many Asians as well. I think your skin is a very nice tone and very light already. I am not trying to be judgemental I just do not see too much room for lightening if you want to remain a pigmented human and not turn into a bleached MJ looking person.

In a nicer way of putting it--you have great skin do not mess with what is already nice!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I liked his skin too but perhaps there's some unevenness that doesn't quite show in the photo. With HQ, he won't go MJ's colour (or lack of it). Most people lightening their skin, who are from majority world cultures, are NOT seeking to appear Caucasian. The goal is ore to appear like the beauty standards in their nations which is often fair. Dark people were poor & had to do manual labour in the sun so being fair became a symbol of affluence. On some people, it is a matter of having features better suited to fairer skin. It is the opposite of those whites who look pallid & sickly BUT who look great with a little bronzer or self-tanner.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I liked his skin too but perhaps there's some unevenness that doesn't quite show in the photo. With HQ, he won't go MJ's colour (or lack of it). Most people lightening their skin, who are from majority world cultures, are NOT seeking to appear Caucasian. The goal is ore to appear like the beauty standards in their nations which is often fair. Dark people were poor & had to do manual labour in the sun so being fair became a symbol of affluence. On some people, it is a matter of having features better suited to fairer skin. It is the opposite of those whites who look pallid & sickly BUT who look great with a little bronzer or self-tanner.
Yes I do get that! I love a bit of sun as we all know! The whole thing was the same cross-culturally until Coco Channel came back from a holiday with a tan. I just know in Asian cultures the white is all the rage but that is changing too as movie stars get tans and the bigger rage is turning to "caucasian features" like eye and nose surgeries. I think he is quite light actually but if he just wants to even areas or even go lighter to each their own. Evening I can understand but lighter I get scared--guess MJ has left an indelible image of bleaching too much in everyone's minds.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
MJ did scare many of us with his extremism. He was like chalk! I have seen the asian eyelid surgery & the before & afters. They do not look caucasian at all to me: just like larger eyed Asians. Apparently, the goal is to have a 'double fold' in the lid. I have seen some really bad Asian nose jobs, though. One woman's nose was like a stripe with 2 holes in it! Awful!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm with the people that say you are already light. You want to be lighter than that? I honestly think you should get a tan as soon as you can lol. Like ASAP. But hey, guess its all just preferance....

·
Registered
172 Posts
People, don't be inappropriate (and judgemental). It is nobodies place to tell someone what they should or should not like. He obviously doesn't prefer his current colour, so he wants to lighten. That's all there is to it. Just because YOU would be happy with such a colour, it doesn't mean he is.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Everyone 'gets' that, Lajdnie; I think they just meant to toss in their 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
For my part I just am saying what I think as we all have self-opinions but at times we do not realise what others perceive of us. It helps to hear things from the outside, especially if you are considering altering anything about you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I learned that lesson the hard way once when I got my hair coloured the WRONG shade. I thought I looked fine, BUT I began noticing people taking 'funny' discreet peeks at it. After a few perplexed stares, I realized that this was NOT the colour for me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
People, don't be inappropriate (and judgemental). It is nobodies place to tell someone what they should or should not like. He obviously doesn't prefer his current colour, so he wants to lighten. That's all there is to it. Just because YOU would be happy with such a colour, it doesn't mean he is.
I agree. You're right. but If you're refering to me as well, Notice how I said "I guess its a matter of preferance". And besides, feedback and opinion makes the world go round

·
Registered
108 Posts
I guess I'm the same shade as Hypothermic, and I wanna lighten, too. But not only 1 or 2 shades but more like 5 or 6 shades. Also, I like MJ color. Does that make me a freak or something?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
No, yellowleave; it just means that you have a preference for extremely pale skin. Personally, I wouldn't want that kind of ghostly pallor but there are plenty of people out there who can pull it off nicely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts