Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this soap?? I just received mine & have been using it for two days, so wondering if anyone here used it already. I do feel my skin is abit itchy but they called it the healing period tho my skin feels smooth & soft.

The details are:-

THE WONDERBAR, out of Malaysia, is a revolutionary mixture of the Deep Moor from Austria and Chlorey-nahre, a proprietary ingredient in Wondeux products. When combined, these wonderful ingredients work their magic and do wonders on our skin! In search of beautiful skin, many of us spend thousands of dollars on facials and spa treatments. But did you know that most high-end beauty salons just work on using a secret ingredient called MOOR?

Made from Heilmoor of Austria, this special mud or clay was discovered over 3000 years ago. It has the essence of over 700 herbs and plants. A controlled item, a good bar of MOOR essence can retail up to $300 in the European countries where it is well known for its benefits. The cheaper ones found in the market are usually made from the water where they harvest the moor, not the moor clay itself.

Chlorey-nahre is a unique formulation derived from algae to keep your skin radiant. The use of nanotechnology to develop Chlorey-nahre results in quick & complete absorption into your dermis to help your skin stay supple, radiant and youthful. Chlorey-nahre also helps the skin become healthier and allows it to regain its natural ability to rejuvenate the cells quickly.

Great for improving your skin's health, the facial bar immediately works on your skin when you lather and apply it all over. The Heilmoor and Chlorey-nahre will penetrate your epidermis into the skin organ and one will experience a total detox. Just like giving your face a spa treatment!

Because it works on detoxing and bringing a balance back to your skin (so that everyone can have baby-smooth skin again), it is suitable for all skin types! Be it oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, fair skin or dark skin, this facial bar works on all and returns the skin to a balance, thus giving your skin a radiant glow."

It sounds too good to be true but it does have good reviews & they even have their own page in Facebook.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Your skin is itching and drying out because the pH of bar soap is extremely high. It's not a healing process, it is in fact damaging to the skin. I doubt there's anything special about this soap, just like there's nothing special about any other soaps. They're all made from surfactants that allow the oil to separate from our skin and everything is washed down the drain in the end.

I am open-minded but also a cautious consumer. Also, I never understood why company's claim that a soap 'detoxes' the skin. What exactly is it getting rid of? We don't have toxins in our skin and if we did I don't think some soap could penetrate to 'push' them all out. Ugh, I hate marketing claims.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Late to the game but just found this website. Yep, tried it and love it and will never use anything else. It actually is NOT a soap. It is made of clay - which draws out all the ick (toxins - which is where zits come from) and algae that helps balance the moisture in your skin (I actually went and googled that because I wanted to know the benefits). I went through a bit of the so called healing crisis and was freaked out for a few days but I pushed through and continued using it. My skin kind of got peely and what emerged was super smooth radiant skin. My spots from years of sun damage are actually disappearing now after several months of use. I have purchased 2 bars online from Wonderful Wonderbar and am actually thinking of giving a few as Christmas presents.

Are you still using the bar?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know, it is kind of expensive but my $40 bar (which is teeny-tiny) literally lasts me 2months and I lather is up really good and use it morning and night. It is all I use besides Eucerin moisturizer. I figure less than $1/day is worth it if I am not buying masks, scrubs, etc.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Hi ... this is probably my fifth day (I think) ... my skin looks different ... I'm not sure if it is better or worst ... it seems more refined ... but not as moist as before ... but I haven't discontinued my RA and etc. ... which my skin is telling me to do ... so this evening I am going to wash my face and simply apply my moisturizers ... will keep you posted ... thus far, the verdict is definitely out and I sense that this soap is never going to be compatible with other more 'harsh' exfoliating ingredients ...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would hate to give up my Vit C, Green Cream, Xtend Life, etc....all because of a bar of clay! The Rhassoul Cleansing Bar from NCN (which is clay-based as well) seems just as good by the ingredients. I have a sample of it, and I am looking forward to trying it. I also just bought Purlisse soy milk cleanser, which sounds aMAZing! Can't wait to get it in the mail.

Here is some info on it:
Preserve your youth. Protect your beauty. Prevent skin aging.
Cleans the day away with this delicate, non-irritating soy milk cleanser. This mild, soap-free foaming cleanser is water-activated to gently wash away dirt and makeup.
pur~ingredients: blue lotus, lupine peptides, sea silk, soy proteins, white tea
Benefits:
Soy Milk and Soy Proteins restore skin suppleness and promotes a creamy and silky appearance.
Extracts of Oatmeal and White Tea soothe and protect skin from cellular damage.
Soap free formula leaves your skin fresh and extremely clean without stripping skin of its natural oils.
Synthetic fragrance/color free - paraben-free.

And here is the full list of ingredients:
Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein Octenylsuccinate, Hydrolyzed Algae (Seasilk) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (White Tea) Extract, Nymphaea Coerulea Flower (Blue Lotus) Extract, Methyl Gluceth 20, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 80, Laureth 4, Tridecyl Trimellitate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Geraniol, Limonene, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantium, Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Tagetes, Minuta Flower Oil, Michelia Alba Flower Oil

Makeup Alley has rave reviews. I hope this link will work:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...rand/Cleansers

I'm sold on this soap-free way of cleansing! Does anyone else use any Pur-lisse products?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Hello today ...

I had to stop using this soap ... it was too too drying ... I can't stand 'down time' ... I started to develop this red rash around my nostrils while using this ... I'm not so sure that it was the soap that is causing this ... but when I stopped using it, it seems that the red spots are going away ... I don't like the concept of facial detoxing ... this is nonsense ... so, as soon as these red itchy spots leave my nose area ... within one day it seems ... I will perhaps start up again and will report accordingly ...

Libra with Love

1 - 10 of 10 Posts