Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my serum. really. one for serum, one for me. one for serum, TWO for me.

Just a quicky, I have some sea kelp bioferment- the stuff that is the secret sauce in some lamer creme de--and I was wondering, can I add it to shampoo-or on hands/other areas?

Is there a safe ratio to always follow when just beginning?

I have NO oil to skin. It tends to be dry. Couple little colorations. Nothing major. Some lines when smiling. Little bit of laxness here and there, crepiness just starting to show on upper eye lids/neck.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh yeah vodka! Enzian also works great and I always use it in a 2:1 ratio - 2 for me and 1 for the serum. heeheehee

Sure! Use the SKB in anything like shampoo or lotion. I wouldn't use it by itself - it tends to leave a film like dried snot...sorry, but I wanted to be 100% accurate.

I got my SKB from Skinactives and it came with a little kit with some things you could add to the SKB, such as betaine to make it into shampoo and a melon scent....I don't know what I was supposed to do with that though. I don't know about measurements, I'm not very compliant with rules like that, I just add *some* until I get what I'm after. Don't do as I do!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Okay. I'm on my way over. I like onions instead of olives in my vodka martinis!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Yes! I have some great cheese and crackers. I'll bring those!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sounds great!! I'm having some more of that Enzian...it comes it a cute little bottle just right for stashing in your pocket while you take a walk!

Yes, some cheese sounds good - what do you have?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hey! Is this the Sunday afternoon CyberCocktail Party??

Better invite "the regulars" Marie and Gymrat too then!!
gymrat had TOO much last night, she is trying to re coupe!!
but I will sit here and be in your cheer section-

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Oh it is fundraiser time around this town. My husband insists that we attend one a weekend. Most times they don't have any kind of alcohol I like, so ............I bring my own, and it always gets me in trouble!!

So, this is what I do. I fill a 20oz water bottle up with kettle one, then I found mini diet tonic bottles 10oz, and I take a powder form of lime, called Truelime it comes in individual packets.

Trust me I am sly as a fox!! Get a cup with just ice. Sit down at the table. Carefully pull out my water bottle.......then open my tonic, add my lime and WALA!! Gymrat has a drink!! Noone even notices. Everything fits perfectly in my purse!!

You would never guess by looking at me either, that I would PACK MY OWN ALCOHOL-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh now it's a slippery slope gymrat!
You with your cagey little cocktail bottles and me with my cute little Enzian bottle with the neat flippy-top thing!

Thank you God for big purses!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hey I figure if I must go, I should at least go and enjoy myself, right?

Had the best cheesecake last night too-with a cookie crumb crust, I think oreo cookies

Yes, these small bottles make it really easy to pack. Actually, no need for the big purse, which is even better!!

My friends are all into drinking champange and juice as their drink of choice. They now make champange in small bottles as well as juice. Doing these things can sure get us girls in trouble-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeh like those "cocktail ladies" who start out with mimosas at breakfast and switch to martinis for lunch you mean?

No just a little nip for me now & then. How 'bout NOW!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yeh like those "cocktail ladies" who start out with mimosas at breakfast and switch to martinis for lunch you mean?

No just a little nip for me now & then. How 'bout NOW!!
LOL, exactly like those little "coctail ladies"!!

Ya, for me, I am not much of a weekday drinker. Maybe a friday or saturday night drinker, but can only do one or the other, never 2 nights in a row!! Those days are LONG gone for ol gymrat-

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Oh, gymrat, me too. Last Saturday night, I drank a bottle of wine by myself. Sunday, I didn't get out of bed all day. Those partying days are in my rearview mirror!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Do you know any rat? They always start out OK but by midafternoon they look all smeary and boozy....not a good look for sure. One of my friend's mom was a "cocktail lady" and I was always gaga watching her work it....she thought she was so smooth about it all the time, but it was quite obvious she was crocked!
Let's not be like that! ew

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Oh, gymrat, me too. Last Saturday night, I drank a bottle of wine by myself. Sunday, I didn't get out of bed all day. Those partying days are in my rearview mirror!
But boy do I remember the days when I could easily drink all night, get a few hours of sleep, to get up and do it all over again-

Now, one night of drinking, I pay for! It will take me all week to get my groove back in order-

But always enjoy myself while in the process, just never stop to think "you are going to regret this tomorrow" until I wake up!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeh me too! I used to get up for Uni, go to work at night, go out and have a few, sleep a little, then do it all again in the a.m. without even a headache!

Now I just have a little snort occasionally, but never get very soused anymore.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Do you know any rat? They always start out OK but by midafternoon they look all smeary and boozy....not a good look for sure. One of my friend's mom was a "cocktail lady" and I was always gaga watching her work it....she thought she was so smooth about it all the time, but it was quite obvious she was crocked!
Let's not be like that! ew
Oh I know a few fawnie, and I am like you. I am in just AWH watching them. Actually, to the point of feeling sorry for them. They think they have it all together, when in all actuality they are a complete mess!! OMG, which reminds me. There was a lady last night, who is always a complete mess. Out on the dance floor my girlfriend said, "you have an eyelash in your eye". she said, "oh these damn things" and ripped off her fake eyelashes and threw them on the dance floor!!!!

Do not worry, I will NEVER become a "cocktail lady"!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LOL that sounds like one right there rat! No class. I like to be in control too much to get ripped, don't you? A nice buzz is fine, but if I start getting tipsy, that's it, I'm done.

The mom I was referring to had another drinking buddy friend and they were out one day trying to kill some new puppies....this is a really sad story rat....by gassing them with a tailpipe. One of them held the bag around the pipe and the other nasty one was in the car working the pedal..they were falling down drunk and laughing about it. laughing !! After I heard about this I never could even look at her again or go over there to their house.
That's what I mean about out of control and without morals whatsoever. Sorry. BTW the puppies got taken away to the shelter after someone saw these two old harpies doing this.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Oh ya, are you kidding me, I am a total control freak!! I would NEVER drink so much to be out of control, NEVER!!!! I always tell my DH, if I ever start to act like I have had too much, just "give me the look".
For the most part, I know my limits.

OMG fawnie I can't believe a woman would even do that to a puppy, any kind of animal, for that matter. I would have let her have it-
So a neighbor or something called on them? Good!! They should have been arrested for animal cruelty!!

Thats what I mean, they think they are in total control but are total idiots!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts