Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Freddy my beautiful fitness friend. It happened again and I want to know why. Maybe you can help. Way back when, when I used to work out pretty hard (10 years ago, 20 pounds lighter than now) and sometimes after my shower when settling down for the evening I would get flu-like symptoms. I would feel nauseous, achy and very tired. I would go to bed and be 100% fine in the morning. Usually after a good workout I feel great and hungry! Now this happened every now and again and I figured I was severly dehydrated or just overdid it. Well its happening again. I did my 5.5 mile jog the other night and felt great when I got home. I even stretched (rare for me, I know --bad.) I showered and settled in for dinner and started feeling HORRIBLE just like in the past. Like I was getting the flu or running a fever. I drank water, cooled down, nothing i can think of that was out of the ordinary. Now if I lose my appetite, I KNOW something is really wrong. Any ideas why I feel like this sometimes?

I did get a few books on beginners running and I will read them carefully and also take all of your great advice. Thanks.

Kelly

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and when I mean "work out pretty hard" in the past, for me that means 5-6 times a week either running a few miles, tae bo or reebok power step. Not your type of working out really hard like with weights and machines. I figure you assumed that already.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
A few things immediately come to mind:

1. Blood pressure fluctuations, (hence the spinning head feeling, perhaps even wanting to puke etc.)

2. Endorphine drop, this is similar to energy fluctuations. You'll have the high of working out and then it drops off, perhaps it you it drops off quickly and you are sensititve to that. This is an unlikely cause though, but I thought i'd still throw it out there.

3. As you state, dehyration.

4. This is another possiblity. Unbalanced sodium levels. If you jog and you sweat you're losing salt from your body. Joggers are notorious for replacing their salty sweat with plain water, which is bad for you. Drink something like gatorade to keep your sodium levels balanced and see how that feels. If that doesn't help go get your blood pressure checked.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Freddy and it's good to see you back after your MVA. Hope you are all back together now.

I am thinking of learning to do Reiki and wonder if you could tell me about your experience with it.
>Did you feel anything during the treatment? What did it feel like?
>Did you get any lasting relief from the treatment?
>How long did the results last?
>Would you recommend it for your type injury?

Thanks for taking the time to respond Freddy. You rock!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
>Did you feel anything during the treatment? What did it feel like?
I didn't feel anything physical during the treatment. Although I did know where Marie was at all times even with my eyes closed. As though I could sense her...if that makes any sense.

>Did you get any lasting relief from the treatment?
The relief did last, however I did supplement the Rekki with Physio.

>How long did the results last?
I haven't he a recurrence.

>Would you recommend it for your type injury?
I would explore it as an avenue of relief, however, just like I wouldn't rely on massage therapy or streching for relief, I would also supplement Rekki with another method of treatment.

Then again, I'm the overkill type of guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts