Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. My name's Jess and a have a bit of a history of hypochondria or whatever it is.

Yesterday or the day before - I don't remember exactly - I noticed a small, almost perfect circle of dry skin, abou the size of a very fat pea, on my forearm. It was rough to the touch as you'd imagine. It simply felt a bit like a tiny patch of skin that was lacking moisturiser or something. However, it was the exact same shade of my normal skin.

Then today it turned red - however I have been fussing at it a lot, and perhaps that's why. In the middle, though, I've noticed what looks like a small pin-point sized bite, or speck. The patch itself is very slightly swollen now, but as I said I have been fussing at it a lot. If it helps, I shave my arms regularly because I'm very self concious about my slightly overly-hairy arms - I was *hoping* perhaps just an ingrown hair with inflammation? But that wouldn't explain the rough skin, which is what worries me the most. =[

I am 18, female, eat lots of veggies, cook from scratch and am at a normal weight. I consider myself healthy, although I could kick the smoking habit. I'm freaking out horribly. I'm going to see the Doc as soon as I can but I can't rest without some sort of opinion before that. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and if this adds any insight to you skin experts, I also have a small cluster of white irregularly shaped non-raised non-rough patches [not always visible, more so in the cold or the heat] scattered across both wrists.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Jess! Not an expert here, but I think you are right to have a Dr look at it for you and lay your fears to rest. In the meantime here's a handy guide to what to watch for as far as skin lesions:

Skin Cancer and Moles: Conditions, Treatments, and Pictures - VisualDxHealthÂae

I don't mean to alarm you, but if it would turn out to be skin cancer, it would be more treatable when caught early. So having any suspicious lesions checked early is key. Good for you for your concern! That isn't being a hypochondriac, it's being safe! Your descriptions are very good, but nothing is as good as seeing it in person!

Oh, and quit smoking! It causes wrinkles!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts