Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi skincaretalk. After 10 years later I've came back to the community for help because I'm desperate and never succeeded with skin lightening. My face is like way darker from my neck down and I really want to balance the skin tone.

My regime:
Morning: Koji White Kojic Acid & Papaya Skin Brightening Soap for 5 minutes and wash off
Yuja Niacin 30 Days Blemish Care Serum
A Bonne Miracle Milk Power Lightenning Collagen Lotion

night time: Koji soap and A Bonne Miracle Milk Power Lightenning Collagen Lotion

Every 3 days I will exfoliate with A Bonne Spa Milk Salt. I didn't step out of my house for almost 40 days and I've done this every day but saw no progress. I finished the entire bottle of lotion and one whole soap too :(

Anyone have any idea why it's not working for me?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi skincaretalk. After 10 years later I've came back to the community for help because I'm desperate and never succeeded with skin lightening. My face is like way darker from my neck down and I really want to balance the skin tone.

My regime:
Morning: Koji White Kojic Acid & Papaya Skin Brightening Soap for 5 minutes and wash off

night time: Koji soap and A Bonne Miracle Milk Power Lightenning Collagen Lotion

Every 3 days I will exfoliate with A Bonne Spa Milk Salt. I didn't step out of my house for almost 40 days and I've done this every day but saw no progress. I finished the entire bottle of lotion and one whole soap too :(

My lady from my bss once told me that abonne is just good for moisturising and has slight to zero effects aside from that. She said it’s good as a base lotion to mix your lotion. I haven’t tried it so I can’t say for sure if this is true

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’m so sorry to hear that you are having this struggle. It’s even sadder that you stayed in your home for 40 days… no skin is worth giving up your normal life for. I was in a similar situation (on and off lightening for years without sustained long term progress). I realised that my problem was )1) following other people’s routine, without considering what works for my skin (2) getting results from a product and using it daily without break (this led to a cycle of my skin getting used to the product and the product no longer working , which then led me to look for something stronger).
Have a look at this YouTube video which perfectly outlines the reasons why many find it difficult sustain lightening over years, and what to do to combat this.
I’m also going to send you a PM of suggestions for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It might be a case of trying to fing a product that will work for your skin. I think if you use a product for at least 3 months and you don’t see an improvement, then it might be worth trying something new and different for your skin such as changing your skin care regimen and the products you are using.

·
Registered
49 Posts

My regime:

I have tried the Abonne Lotion and As @dee97 said, it is only moisturizing and does not lighten the skin at all. I had to mix it in with clinic clear oil for it to take me a shade lighter. Same with their scrub.
At my bss they recommend Abonne for teenagers, to show you how mild it is.

The Koji White Lotion is a better option and since you already use the Koji White Soap, it'll be better to use products from the same range for a better effect.

Also, I agree with @yayaboo, you have tried the routine for 3 months and no results. It is safe to say it doesn't just work for your skin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts