Skin Care Talk banner
241 - 260 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
aaaw SadieMay i cant wait to see how you look. youll get the skin you dreamed of because you took a massive leap of faith and thats soooo hard to do! well done
i think i can safely say all of us who have been following this thread are VERY PROUD OF YOU!!

keep us posted sweet pea

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Hi all,

OK here is a shot of before and one of as of today. I did my cheek area as thats the area of most concern for me with the furrowed wrinkled pores.

There isnt a massive difference but I think there is a difference none the less. I dont think the pics do it justice to be honest. In addition my skin is really pink and smooth under the makeup which again you cant really see as my skin is still healing and a bit dry the makeup makes it look rougher than it is. Also I have noticed a marked difference around my eyes, everything is a little tighter and smoother. Also my skincare products absorb alot better now rather than sitting as a greasy film on top of my skin.

Overall I am happy the the furrowed pores have flattened out a little and appear not so creased but lets see what the next few days bring and also my other treatments

Sadiemay
x

ETA. Pic on the left is the before and the one on the right is the after.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yes I can see the difference. The pores appear smaller. This is just how my skin appears once I start to peel from TCA. Smaller pores, SMOOTH skin and pink "new" skin.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Hi Goatlady,

Good to know about that you get similar results with the TCA as I plan to maybe do TCA's in the longer term to maintain my results and caring for my skin as best I can in the future with the help of sunscreen, Vit C serum, good moisturisers and maybe even I will try the Renova again in a few months.

Unfortunately I dont have any close up pics of my eye as although it was wrinkly and course skin texutre wise my only focus of great concern was my cheek area mainly and my lower facial skin texture. Any other improvments were a bonus. Although I guess an improvement in all area's treated are to be expected as he did my whole face including my under, around and above my eyes, well everywhere right up to my hairline and jawline.

However I will take a shot of my eye area today to compare after the next two treatments. I'll share those with you as before and afters in the future

Just to update today, my skin is looking really plump and fresh, the redness is fading every hour and I just look so much more refreshed and that tired almost haggard look I had about me is massively faded. My eye area seems alot tighter so my eyes are more open if that makes sense? I am waiting for things to revert back somewhat but I am told this will be negated over time as the stimulated collagen builds.

Oh my treatment settings were something like 50MJ and teatment level 12 and he did quite a few passes but I cant remember what the screen said about that.

I understand is as he said pretty agressive although he said for my last treatment he plans to go up to 70MJ? If that means anything to anyone who has had this done?

I am feeling very happy today and you know what I cant HONESTLY remember when I felt like this. I am sat at work and I feel I can look people in the eye without feeling so ashamed of my face.

Best wishes
Sadiemay

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Goatlady,

Good to know about that you get similar results with the TCA as I plan to maybe do TCA's in the longer term to maintain my results and caring for my skin as best I can in the future with the help of sunscreen, Vit C serum, good moisturisers and maybe even I will try the Renova again in a few months.

Unfortunately I dont have any close up pics of my eye as although it was wrinkly and course skin texutre wise my only focus of great concern was my cheek area mainly and my lower facial skin texture. Any other improvments were a bonus. Although I guess an improvement in all area's treated are to be expected as he did my whole face including my under, around and above my eyes, well everywhere right up to my hairline and jawline.

However I will take a shot of my eye area today to compare after the next two treatments. I'll share those with you as before and afters in the future

Just to update today, my skin is looking really plump and fresh, the redness is fading every hour and I just look so much more refreshed and that tired almost haggard look I had about me is massively faded. My eye area seems alot tighter so my eyes are more open if that makes sense? I am waiting for things to revert back somewhat but I am told this will be negated over time as the stimulated collagen builds.

Oh my treatment settings were something like 50MJ and teatment level 12 and he did quite a few passes but I cant remember what the screen said about that.

I understand is as he said pretty agressive although he said for my last treatment he plans to go up to 70MJ? If that means anything to anyone who has had this done?

I am feeling very happy today and you know what I cant HONESTLY remember when I felt like this. I am sat at work and I feel I can look people in the eye without feeling so ashamed of my face.

Best wishes
Sadiemay
I am so very pleased for you, Sadiemay, and hope your improvements get better and better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dear Sadiemay.

I am equally thrilled for you.. at least you have finally gotten THE SOLUTION for your skin woes..you know after all the painful trial and errors for soooo looonnnggg.... please take extra good care of your new skin.. cos it is too tender and can't be exposed to sunlight or anything aggressive, check with your doc whether you can use Retinoid or anything harsh on your new skin.. I am sure you will be extremely cautious about your skin care from now onwards.. happy for you.. really and may your new skin brings forth your confidence and happiness that you have misplaced for so long! I am equally excited about Fraxel.. maybe if I will try to look around whether this kind of treatment exist in HK?...

All the best..! Sadiemay

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can see in the after pic that your skin is less dehydrated which in turn is making your pores smaller, you have good skin in which I mean I couldnt see any visible lines. Is now a good time to use the RA??

·
Administrator
33,936 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by sylvie archenault

I had a doctor providing this service in my day spa. It was the pre and post skin care treatments along with the home care products by sonage that made the difference.

Yes, the skin condition before and after the procedure needs attention. Go to sonage.com and see what is best for your skin.

Please go to SCT rules and understand you cannot post links to personal blogs/websites.

Skin Care Talk - Announcements in Forum : Introductions

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Massive difference. You WILL reverse your woes.
Very happy for you!!!

Are you a horseperson sadiemay? Guessing from your Avatar. I think your skin problems are quite typical of what you see on a lot of Equestrian folk (I run a stud). All the battering from the elements and sun/wind in our faces! AND lack of Sunscreen! I think a lot of people think I'm mad for having become some a recluse from the sun and elements but looking at the equestrian folk around me the 'skin weathering' starts to become apparent in the 20 somethings unless they are very careful! Of course genetics plays a roll but one of my closest friends is approaching 40 and has excellent skin which we are all jealous of! She works indoors and has always kept her face out the sun and worn a hat. Its not only hard hats we horsey folk should don but lots of Sunscreen and skincare!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Bean et all,

Thanks for your posts and for thinking of me. I really appreciate it.

Well I had my last treatment about 9 days ago and the derm treated me with the highest energy setting (70MJ) and treatment level 12. Good job I took a couple of diazepam and painkillers beforehand as otherwise I dont think I could have handled the pain
Right now I have recovered and all swelling has gone. My skin is pretty traumatised though as I have been breaking out in tiny little whiteheads (typical Fraxel laser reaction)

Well my progress so far since I started the Fraxel? I would say that after this third treatment I can see the most noticable difference (as expected, they say real noticable difference comes between the 3rd and 5th treatment). Every blemish (as in open pores, scars and fine lines) has softened/diminished considerably. My furrowed stretched pores are alot shallower and my skin is plumper and a little tighter and more youthful looking in general especially around my eyes which I wasnt expecting but none the less a very pleasant sight to me.

Dont get me wrong I still have alot of the same issues but they are to a lesser degree. I dont feel like I need to walk around with a bag on my head or that my skin is utterly abnormal that I need to hide away. Skincare products now absorb properly and my skin is alot less oily. Overall I am happier. And am hopefull that as my skin repairs and recovers over the next couple of months I will see better and better results as my collagen builds from the stimulation of the Fraxel.

I will be going back in a month for a follow up and am still in two minds whether to just have Fraxel Repair as a spot treatment on my cheeks and upper lip area (my orginal area's of concern) to really see some drastic improvement. My husband says we should get him to do another one or two of the Restore rather than the Repair but I know that the Repair tightens the skin to some degree as it removes columns of tissue so I think this would be beneficial to my now *slightly* sagging pores on my cheeks. Anyway I am keeping an open mind about things for the next four weeks and see how I feel about my skin and its long term improvment when its time to go back to the doctor for him to assess my skin and see if he recommends any further treatment. He did mention Thermage (laser specifically for sagging and tightening) in the future as an option when we were chatting once during a treatment but I not sure I want to go down that road as I have read many horror stories about fat loss, facial muscle wastage and denting of the skin, not sure its worth the risk at all, anyone ever had this type of laser?

As for skincare I am trying to really look after my skin and am currently using the following skin care regime:

AM -

Dr Nick Lowe Hydrating Cleanser
Cosmetic Skin Solutions Hydrating B5 (As recommended here as a cheaper version of Skinceuticals version!)
X-Tend Life Night Cream (cant get on with the Day one)
Sun Sense Mattifying Factor 50 Sun Screen,

PM - As above but without the sunscreen.
And I am just last night introducing the NCN micro fibre cloth to gently buff but only VERY gently!

Does this sound OK? I reeeeeally want to preserve my skin as best I can!

I have ordered a couple of bottles of the Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser from iHERB after reading about it on this board so I hope to switch to this once it arrives.

If you guys are still interested I willl post my befores and an after picture or two which I will take in a months time so you can give me an honest opinion as to whether you see any real improvements from the beginning of my Fraxel journey to the end.

Thanks again for thinking of me and to each and every one of you who has and is following me on my journey to better skin and in turn I hope a better quality of life.

Love and best wishes
Sadiemay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Thank you Catseyes7!

I honestly am so relived there is at least some improvment. I will never have perfect poreless smooth skin, I have to be realistic about what is acheivable but as I have always said I just want to have average skin.

And now I feel I have been given the chance of obtaining that to some degree. Whether these 3 Fraxel Restore treatments will be suffucient I dont know as I have to wait a while for the final results but I am hopeful.

And my goodness let me tell you what a wondeful almost indescribable relief that is, I feel like a 1000LB weight has been lifted from me and those shackles in the form of awful skin on my face are beginning to loosen after years of holding me back in life.

Best wishes
Sadiemay

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
awww, that's really sweet. I keep striving for perfect skin so I understand how you feel. I have fairly large pores too and my skin is dehydrated at the moment so its really bothering me. I'm very limited to what I can do with my skin at the moment as I'm trying for a baby so it's really annoying!

I remember seeing your pics ages back so I can definitely see the difference already and it's going to get even better! Well done!

I remember you mentioned using some off-the-counter lotion which penetrtaed deeply, could you let me know the name please as I dont fancy going through the 14 pages to try and find it! thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im very happy to hear you are pleased with your results and yes, it will definitely get even better in time! Good for you
I would love to see the before and after pics so i will stay tuned to your thread .
Have a lovely day !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Hi Catseyes7,

I was and still sometimes use a cream called: Neutrogena Deep Comfort Balm. Its one of the new generation moisturisers now coming onto the market aimed at delivering moisture 10 layers deep into the skin rather than just to the epidermis. Its very cheap and for me it did work but at the time my skin was breaking out from all the different things I was putting on it in desperation to improve its appearance so I stopped for a while.

I did see good results in terms of aliviating the dehyrated look of my skin. Give it a go. I have no idea how good/bad the ingredients are in case your acne prone but it says its suitable for use on the face and it does work

My husband and I are too going to be trying for baby as soon as I have finished with the Fraxel treatments (will know after my visit in a months time if I will have any more) as you cannot have this laser when pregnant or trying for a baby.

Sending baby dust your way

Sadiemay

241 - 260 of 291 Posts