Skin Care Talk banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
You need to see the derm! I really don't feel comfortable going into oils, polysorbate 80 , or anything else with you. I used trial and error to help my skin. Some things helped, and some did not. Some things left me a flaky or greasy mess. In the end it paid off.

You seem really broken up about your skin to the point that I really think that you should just stop trying to do this yourself. Especially since the idea of being the one that caused your issues gets you down. I can only imagine how freaked out you would be if things look worst ( as they usually do) before they get better.

I know that you can find a professional that can make you feel a lot better about your skin and give you skin you can be proud off. Nothing happens overnight. This will work out well for you if you have the guts and the patience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have to clean your face. A lot of people forget that the face is only one of the part which is directly is contact with pollution.

Buy a cleanser. A good cleanser ( La Roche Posay, Avene, Clinique, Matrsikin) and maybe the week end you can do some masks.
You porc will be less visible (I think) after some weeks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sadie May
I know your post is a couple of years old now but I have been searching the internet for hours trying to find answers as to what has happened to my skin and I came across this website and your post. The same thing has happened to my face as what you describe happened to yours. Have you managed to find any solution to the problem? I'm not sure if you'll even see this as I'm replying years after but I thought I'd try as I'm so desperate :O(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Saddie May and Mooch ...
I do have the same problem ....its because i over exfoliated my skin .My dermatologist told me that i may need to do fraxel co2 laser or Bright and briliance ( something like that ) .....i also tried lots of different creams ( from the expensive one until the cheap one )

with no improvement .....then i realized that all these cream are for wrinkles....what i have isnt wrinkles...these lines only show up when i laugh or smile....then i do my own research ...lol . First thing you need to do is STOP exfoliating your skin....your skin need to heal. Stay away from scrubs or acid ..whatever it is.....Use gentle cleanser for your skin ( like Cetaphil ) and its better to wash your face with cold water ....instead or warm water....
And after that there is few option....in my case i use Eucerin Professional Repair Extreme dry skin lotion....i found this lotion by accident ...i originally want to buy Aquaphor at cvs ...and this lotion just there next to aquaphor and i said okay i will get this lotion too ( its around 7 dollar ) and turn out that it the best decision for my skin !! I use it at night ...its a bit greasy at first ( because i use it too much ) ....and in the morning i cant believe my eyes....because i see big improvement on my skin...i attach before and after picture...so you can be the judge...lol
During the day i wash my skin with Cetaphil gentle cleanser and then toner .....next i use this Paula Choice Barier Moisturizer ....and sunscreen after that ...thats all and i couldnt be happier because now i know that i will get my skin back.....Yay !!!

Danny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bean, I just read your skin description and looked at your pictures...that's exactly, and I mean exactly, what is happening to my skin from using Green Cream retinol. I am in shock that such a supposedly mild retinol can create damage equal to that of a laser. I've never even sunbathed, and have used sunscreen since I was a teenager, so I don't get why this happened. I've been using Derma E Alpha Lipoderm with Green Tea at night for only a couple days now and have already noticed a pretty big decrease in pore size, no improvement in the lines/scars though. I've had these huge pores and lines/scars for over a month now, so I really think it's the Derma E that's helping. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.
Hello, can you please tell me how long your skin took to recover? And what you did?! Please please please? I had the sand exact unfortunate results from using green cream.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
hmmm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I haven't been on here for ages but I wrote quite a few posts about my skin - my skin problems sounded a lot like those of Sadie May who started this thread. I have finally seen improvement in my skin, I'm really excited - hope it continues. I've inserted a couple of photos - the one on the left was taken in February and the other one was taken a few days ago. I wanted to share these to provide hope for others going through the same thing. Skin can improve - I didn't really believe this until now. I've been doing facial massage and exercises for 15 months and I believe these factors have decreased the awful lines you can see in the left photo. Here's hoping for more improvement!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Attention Mooch.

You have the EXACT skin with the comb lines on the cheeks as me! Exactly! Can you tell me what you think caused this and exactly how you repaired? I have tried everything . And could you be so kind to share what facial exercises you did as well as what kind of massage?

Thank you so much <3

·
Registered
18 Posts
This happened to me too. It has cleared up and my skin looks great. What I did was be a little more gentle and hydrate my skin. I still use retin A and my skin looks great. Some of my pores are still a little large because they are actually

281 - 291 of 291 Posts