Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. im 28 yers old , vry slim n smart. dont hv any fine line on my face. im teacher. i doesnt look inocent n un married. y? where my inocenc hv gone. can any bdy help me? which type of make up hair style hair clr lens clr etc should i adopt n use?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi samina, I can sympathize! one day you're a hottie, the next an oldie or at least that's what it felt like for me.... You may want to consider some Vitamine C serum as it is sworn by- lots of the people on this site make it themselves. as far as a new hairdo, start looking at pictures see if there are any you think you'd like to try, then go ask a pro. It all depends on what you see when you look in the mirror, in that mirror lies the answer to your questions. as for make-up I believe in minimalism less is better or natural looking is better (but there is absolutely no reason to not try a new do!) Good luck hope this helps and welcome to the site!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Samina and welcome!

What particular problems make you appear older to yourself?
Do you eat and sleep and exercise adequate amounts daily? Plenty of water?
Do you have health problems?
Do you smoke or around smokers?

All of these can have an impact on your appearance. If you are near a major department store you could have a personal shopper help you - usually this is a free service to customers - to find styles and colors of clothing that would suit you. Ditto at the cosmetics counter for flattering colors of makeup and ways to apply it! But health is #1.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Go to the MALL. Walk in the stores that has girls your age working there and you like the way they dress. Ask them to help you pick out some clothes. Buy the clothes. Go to Sephoras. Get a makeover. Buy the makeup. Buy and read magazines for your age group. Vogue, Elle, Have Fun.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You're a teacher and you write like that?!?!
I'm sorry, Freddy, but... LOL Maybe English isn't her first language? You've gotten good advice. I agree- go for a makeunder/makeover. I've noticed the people at my Sephora do a great job with Bare Escentuals, etc. Some of them wear out there makeup, but really do a great job making up folks so they look nice and natural- or if you want a more dramatic look-that too.
HTH

·
Registered
192 Posts
i agree with Fawnie here. health comes first. If ur skin is healthy n well moisturized u look younger. So add lots of fruit n green veggies,antioxidant food plus vitamins , iron & omega supplement to ur diet . exfoliate regularly to get rid of dullness.
as for haircut go for bangs. both front n side bangs giv youthful look. instead of too much mke up just light blush, mascaa n lip gloss looks fresh.
Another thing u might wanna try is facial massages. this thing brings rosiness to ur face. i hav recently started these with facial excercises. dunno abt facial excercise so far but loving the massages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi evry one. yap english is nt my 1st language. sorry 4 that. infact no bdy cd understand my problem. i am a wel dressed women. basic prob is my expression i think. i look vry harsh. my b cz i hv ben in hard situation. i want to look inocent as few years back. thanx evry one

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
hi evry one. yap english is nt my 1st language. sorry 4 that. infact no bdy cd understand my problem. i am a wel dressed women. basic prob is my expression i think. i look vry harsh. my b cz i hv ben in hard situation. i want to look inocent as few years back. thanx evry one
OK I think I understand now Samina. Thank you for clarifying.

I wish I too could regain my lost innocence... Maybe I can share some things that I try: I try to maintain a positive, fresh outlook and keep a pleasant expression on my face even if I don't especially feel wonderful.

The mouth can get a "hard" expression if the lips are pressed together tightly. Try to consciously relax your mouth and lift the corners up. Not in an unnatural smile, but in a "neutral pleasant" expression.

The eyebrows can get clenched together in a worried, severe look if we are not careful to relax that area too. I try to consciously contract the skin at the back of my head and try to move my ears "up and back". This helps to lift the face and give a more "open" expression.

If you practice this many times a day, eventually it will become a habit and replace the old bad habits of clenching the face in severe harsh expressions.

I hope this can help you in some small way.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That is good advice, Fawnie. Sometimes, we wear all our stress & concerns on our face. Just holding the chin tilted more up than down gives the whole face a boost. Making sure to SMILE & LAUGH every day several times changes the body chemically. It is a free & easy beauty booster. Another thing to do is, as suggested, update your look. Sometimes we get so busy that we fall into a style rut. We keep doing what is familiar & easy. Worse yet, we maintain the style we liked & that was fashionable when we were younger. This can 'date' a person badly. The look that was 'in' in 1985 no longer is 'in'. If this has happened to you, look through hairstyle magazines & select a few more contemporary looks you like & think would suit your face (& lifestyle as a busy teacher). Book a consultation with a good salon & bring these images along to discuss with the stylist. Remember to ask about hair colour as well. 'Frosted' hair, too chunky streaks, or a washed out tone can be aging you. On many people, as we age, choosing a colour 1-2 shades lighter than our natural colour can look 'real' & be very flattering. What I mean is, if your natural colour is black, try a dark brown shade. If you are light brown, try a dark blonde shade. Using a tooth whitener (yr dentist can suggest a good one for you) can give you a smile-lift. Hope these ideas are useful to you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK I think I understand now Samina. Thank you for clarifying.

I wish I too could regain my lost innocence... Maybe I can share some things that I try: I try to maintain a positive, fresh outlook and keep a pleasant expression on my face even if I don't especially feel wonderful.

The mouth can get a "hard" expression if the lips are pressed together tightly. Try to consciously relax your mouth and lift the corners up. Not in an unnatural smile, but in a "neutral pleasant" expression.

The eyebrows can get clenched together in a worried, severe look if we are not careful to relax that area too. I try to consciously contract the skin at the back of my head and try to move my ears "up and back". This helps to lift the face and give a more "open" expression.

If you practice this many times a day, eventually it will become a habit and replace the old bad habits of clenching the face in severe harsh expressions.

I hope this can help you in some small way.
people say i look too serious when i am not. so i will try this and see if it helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts