Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Kassy & All

I was going to do the original one, I had all the ingredients until I read Kassy's latest C serum which I made this morning
LUV IT.....

I have referred several of my friends to this site...you girls/guys are the best

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Thanks Kassy & All

I was going to do the original one, I had all the ingredients until I read Kassy's latest C serum which I made this morning
LUV IT.....

I have referred several of my friends to this site...you girls/guys are the best
Hooray for you-

I am glad to hear it was successful for you. Everything went ok? You checked the Ph level and all is well?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hooray for you-

I am glad to hear it was successful for you. Everything went ok? You checked the Ph level and all is well?
Thanks gymrat BUT

Oh oh....hummm what ph level????

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Thanks gymrat BUT

Oh oh....hummm what ph level????
did you get ph strips? You need to check the ph and make sure it is a 3 or below. Mine usually is around 2.5, but it is important that is remains under 3.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you get ph strips? You need to check the ph and make sure it is a 3 or below. Mine usually is around 2.5, but it is important that is remains under 3.
No I did not get ph strips...what are they? I feel I am having a blond moment

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
No I did not get ph strips...what are they? I feel I am having a blond moment
LOL, no don't worry. If you followed the recipe exactly you won't have a problem. Normally you want to make sure the ph level is below 3.5-3.0 to be sure the C is effective. But don't worry really. You just don't want your serum to turn yellow or have a smell, if this happens toss it. I usually use mine up in a week so I have never had a problem.

But for future purchases.....
Ph Strips (100)

But really don't worry.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
YIKES I never checked the PH either. Well I suppose I will but I do try to follow the recipe exactly. See how easy that was chanelgirl!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, no don't worry. If you followed the recipe exactly you won't have a problem. Normally you want to make sure the ph level is below 3.5-3.0 to be sure the C is effective. But don't worry really. You just don't want your serum to turn yellow or have a smell, if this happens toss it. I usually use mine up in a week so I have never had a problem.

But really don't worry.
Gymrat. I did follow the instructions exactly but for the future, I will ph strips. Thanks

Goatlady, Olysea, & Peri thanks.

I am afraid this is just the start though, I am addicted to this board

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone,

Can someone direct me as to where to purchase the ingredients to make your DIY Vitamin C Serum? I'm sorry I am a beginner at this stuff and need someone to "hold my hand" through the process - lol!!! I was on garden of wisdom.com but couldn't find Ferulic Acid or Vitamin E Oil and would prefer to purchase everything at one place. Oh and also, what size bottles do you use to store your serum? Thanks! Lynnii

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone,

Can someone direct me as to where to purchase the ingredients to make your DIY Vitamin C Serum? I'm sorry I am a beginner at this stuff and need someone to "hold my hand" through the process - lol!!! I was on garden of wisdom.com but couldn't find Ferulic Acid or Vitamin E Oil and would prefer to purchase everything at one place. Oh and also, what size bottles do you use to store your serum? Thanks! Lynnii
Hi Lynnii...I don't think you can buy everything in one place. At least, I could not. I bought my Ferulic acid from Bulkactives.com & my vitamin E in an health food store.

Fawnie posted the different places in this link http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...-2009-a-2.html

I am using this bottle G066: 2 oz Amber Glass Boston Round

Hope this helps

·
Registered
290 Posts

Ph Strips (100)

But really don't worry.
Is there something that can be done to lower/raise if necessary at the time one is cooking? (gotto go order those strips)

Member of the ADDICTED TO THIS SITE Club!! Hey, that should be my siggy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Before you guys all go running off to by litmus strips, I just want to confirm what the other's said; if you stick to the recipe's of mine posted here, I have tested them all, and they are all below 3.5 pH.. Some are as low as 2.5

The lower the pH is the better the penetration for L-AA, but some sensitive types could experience a little irritation at first..

No need to worry about pH, unless you make changes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I am late to this discussion. Just found the site. I am very interested in the recipe for the Vitamin C serum. I bought the stuff retail for $35.00 YIKES! I tried to find Kassy's recipe on this site but I also have 'search challenges' and not too computer literate. Please help me.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Ok, I am late to this discussion. Just found the site. I am very interested in the recipe for the Vitamin C serum. I bought the stuff retail for $35.00 YIKES! I tried to find Kassy's recipe on this site but I also have 'search challenges' and not too computer literate. Please help me.
Welcome to the DIY madness.

Consider yourself luky (pun intended) that you only paid $35 for the retail serum. Here's her latest serum with instructions.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...html#post62323

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually $35 is not that expensive, the one I was looking at buying is $135 and there was no way I could justify the price knowing I could make my own for a lot cheaper.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts