Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 24 and recently noticed short undereye creases/lines under my eyes I started to freak out. Mainly because I am Black, and have very darkskin and didn't know why I would be aging prematurely.

I looked at photos of myself from as young as 9, and noticed that I had some under eye creases/lines then. Maybe its heridetary. I don't know why I am just now noticing this at 24.

It has made me self conscious. I see people older than me who don't even have them. I don't want to look old

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can try doing some facial exercise that will tighten up the muscles in your face and hence reduce any wrinkling. If you're interested send me a message and I'll write some out for you with instructions.

Other than that...do you spend alot of time in the sun? And if so do you always leave the house with at least a sunblock of spf 15 on?

PS. I can relate since I'm still in my 20's and noticed frown lines on my forehead and freaked out. Did some facial exercises for a month along with a new regimen and bingo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kinds of facial exercises are you doing?

Do you have a recommendation on a sunblock for the face? I'm using Oil of Olay Total Effects, and actually doing some research on Oil of Olay for a business school project. Do you use it or know of people using it and have any feelings about it? How could it should it be improved if you're not using? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
What kinds of facial exercises are you doing?

Do you have a recommendation on a sunblock for the face? I'm using Oil of Olay Total Effects, and actually doing some research on Oil of Olay for a business school project. Do you use it or know of people using it and have any feelings about it? How could it should it be improved if you're not using? Thanks!
Shoot me over a message and I'll PM over them to you. Just let me know what regions of your face are of concern and I'll get you the ones you need to do

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Those creases are from the way you sleep. If they're around the lower part of the eye area towards the cheek you must sleep face down and put pressure on your face.

Learn to sleep face up or buy silk pillow covers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The creases are up in the corner of my eyes. Not in the lower part. I don't have any crows feets. They are just short lines that annoy the hell out of me.

I have not been wearing sunscreen on a regular basis. Actually I just started wearing it consistently for a few months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a niece who has some and she is only 17. I think it may be heridetary. Do you think a TCA peel may help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definetly a sunscreen, since the suns shining rays of impending doom is the number one cause of premature wrinkles/aging.
Plus, it could just be laughing lines, I have those and I'm 17, but again, I'm leaning towards applying that lovely sunscreen.
Now is the time for both of us to start prevention, and sunscreen as well as even foundations or moisturizers with spf15+ is a good way to start.
Try maybe an under eye gel in the morning, it's cooling and refreshing and might help strengthen that top layer of the epidermis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts