Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a stay on long lasting brand that won't dry my lips out like a mummy anyone found a good one that actually stays put?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?? I used Lipfinity for a long time but it does seem to dry the lips and the price goes up and I swear the tube gets smaller!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lancome le lipstiq lip liners are DA BOMB and they really hold the lipcolor on. Color in with the pencil first then lipstick. they are expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never tried Lancome before. I have done the pencil thingy fawnie it does seem to work but it also feels dry. Can't stand the mummy lip thing. I will check the Lancome out. I need something that holds all day no rubbing off whatsoever.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anything that will stay on 100% all day is going to be drying and not creamy or soft at all. Lancome so far has been my favorite. Use a natural color of match the lipstick best you can so when the lipstick wears off, the liner will still stay giving you some color.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks skincarediva! I usually really moisturize my lips at night so that does help. I am willing to have mummy lips any day then see my husband with lipstick on! Not a pretty sight

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Anyone?? I used Lipfinity for a long time but it does seem to dry the lips and the price goes up and I swear the tube gets smaller!
You could try MAC lipsticks. They have come along way over the years. They aren't as dry as they used to be. I am more of a lip liner gloss girl.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am searching for a stay on long lasting brand that won't dry my lips out like a mummy anyone found a good one that actually stays put?

I am convinced there isn't one. The longlasting ones I have tried, make my lips dry and peel. I have so much trouble getting a line around my lips (with a lipliner). I did have all of my lips tattooed years ago and I think it has totally messed up the natural lip line (nothing to do with the fact that I am into my mature years!!!!) My friends say I must eat my lippie!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use lipliner pencil only when I want to color my lips and have it stay on a long time, no gloss afterward. Maybe this could work for you!
I do that! But I have to put a little lip balm on. Otherwise my lips dry up like a prune. Not nice at all.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Kerry
Did you get just the outline tattooed or the whole lip area? Either way, that must've really hurt even with numbing agent! OUCH!
I have always wanted to do this but am a chicken. My mom has done the tattooed (permament) eyeliner-talk about ouch!!
Although she said it didn't really hurt at all. It has lasted and looks fresh and it has been at least over 10 years ago.

I am not into tattoos personally, And have discouraged my boys from liking them (I hope). If I got permanent makeup, it would be a "do as I say, not as I do" type of thing-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I use L'Oreal, Cover Girl, etc. long stay lipsticks ONLY. They are drying since they are long stay, but not like they were when they first came out. I use Bare Escentuals Makeup primarily- but I ONLY wear long stay lipstick cos I loathe re-applying it. Now- to the "moisturizing" part of the equation. I discovered Bare Escentuals Buxom lip glosses. OMG... now, I have been a lip balm addict for years, so the Buxom tingle is a plus for me right off the bat. To boot, the Buxom glosses do NOT make the long stays come off like "regular" lip glosses- which, incidentally I had not particularly liked since the 80's. Now I'm a Buxom lip gloss addict! I love the shine and they don't make my long stay lipsticks come off! Woohoo! And I love the cooling tingle of the Buxom on top of it all. So, there's my take on long stays. I like the "lower" end drug store long stays very well- with a Buxom lip gloss over it!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
BEST lip balm ever- C.O. Bigelow Mentha shine from Bath and Body Works. BEST!! And they TASTE GOOD!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kerry
Did you get just the outline tattooed or the whole lip area? Either way, that must've really hurt even with numbing agent! OUCH!

I had the entire lips tattooed. Did hurt a little bit. When I think back, I should only have had the outline done. It did not last very long and cost quite a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
not cheap but Dior really know what they're doing! I also love there mascara... oh and clinique isnt bad for these things too although I dont know how I feel about their makeup.
hope I helped!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have seen a tv add the other day. I can't remember which brand it was-- it's either l'oreal or dior-- not too sure. The lipstick contained royal jelly and looked superb on the model.

It is a pity can't remember the brand!! Grrrr
Does anyone know abt this lipstick?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts