Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all use. I have used MD Forte III and Derma E Glycolic Facial Cleanser and love both.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Those are 2 good ones, goatlady!

I use retin-a so I have to use a mild cleanser. I use DHC Deep CLeansing Oil at night to get the sunscreen off and follow that with Chidorya Silk and Rice Bran Soap. Both are mild but effective. In the am I use the Silk soap again to get the retin-a off!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as you know I am waiting to get my Retin -A so I assume I need something milder to cleanse with?? If you can let me know where you get your cleansers.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um I suppose my green tea soap from MUAC will be ok since it is suppose to be used with the TCA peel.??

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Um I suppose my green tea soap from MUAC will be ok since it is suppose to be used with the TCA peel.??
Oh yeah that would work I bet! Or, how about a nice GOAT'S MILK soap??!!!
Keep in mind that you MUST use a broad spectrum sunscreen of at least 30 with retin-a. Some of them are difficult to remove with just soap and need an oil cleanser to remove them.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Well as you know I am waiting to get my Retin -A so I assume I need something milder to cleanse with?? If you can let me know where you get your cleansers.
I use all of my same soaps even though I use RA, so you might want to wait before spending any money on new things.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok sounds good will stick with what I have. I have a sunscreen but wonder if it is good enough for Retin-A use. It is the Better Than Botox from NCN Pro skin. Anyone use that one?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Goatlady

Yes to the Green Tea soap.
No to the glycolic acid cleansers when first starting out with retin-a. The combination of acids will surely make you irritated.

Once you become accustomed to the retin-a, you might be able to tolerate both the glycolic acid and the retinoic acid together. I would use a mild cleansing lotion at first just to be sure you aren't overdoing it.

The Botox Alternative SPF30, is that the one you mean goatlady? It also contains retinol, so it too might be too much at first. She also has a SS called ZinClear that is less irritating.

Botox Alternative SPF30Â*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

Stick to chemical-free sunscreens at first with retin-a. Less irritating.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OOps yes Botox ALTERNATIVE. Ok maybe I will get the other SS she has and use the other on other "parts".

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
She has samples I believe. If not, you can call her and she will work with you maybe to find the right products. She has some good cleansers too, but be sure to tell her you are starting on retin-a!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello,

Dry tight skin can be caused by a cleanser that's too harsh. I just use Dove soap inthe morning and I cleanse at night with grapeseed oil which removes all make-up including eye-makeup. I cleanse two-three times and remove with a flannel.

redrose

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Um Redrose I like the sound of using flannel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts