Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma.

The one stylist who cuts my hair just the way I like is a total jerk and talks trash about his other clients....and I'm sure he would me too if I was dumb enough to tell him any juicy details about myself. He smells like smoke all the time which tells me he doesn't respect either himself or his clients who have to smell him at close range! He is a primadonna and requires appointments months in advance or he simply won't see you! But he cuts like a dream.

The other stylist I go to is a sweet funny girl who always is kind and thoughtful and is discreet about her clients. But she doesn't do my hair the way I like it in spite of numerous attempts. It's "OK" but not the way I want it. I bring a picture and tell her in great detail, but it doesn't turn out the way I want it. She always gives me a good price and gets me in whenever I need her.

I've been to about every stylist in Cowflop and narrowed it down to these 2. Please don't tell me to try another one!!!

Who would you go to?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Who would you go to?
A no brainer for me - a would go to the woman who makes the haircut a more enjoyable experience. I have no use for egotistal types like that guy and would probably not go to him even if he were cheaper and more convenient.

Plus if the guy is already successful, it seems like the girl would benefit more from your business especially in the present state of the economy. I am a sucker for supporting the underdog, having been there myself.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was afraid you'd say that! I do prefer to give my business to ppl who are pleasant and honest.

On the other hand, I'm not there to be his friend - just to get my hair cut. In and out, cut the BS and just cut my hair! I always like my hair when he gets done. With her, not so much.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah I was afraid you'd say that! I do prefer to give my business to ppl who are pleasant and honest.

On the other hand, I'm not there to be his friend - just to get my hair cut. In and out, cut the BS and just cut my hair! I always like my hair when he gets done. With her, not so much.
Sorry but whats the point, if she can't cut hair the way you want.
I have had this problem, there is always another hairdresser out there that is better just get out of your comfort zone and find him/her. Usualy by word of mouth.
Sometimes the change is better new style even better cut.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that's about how I've convinced myself to bite the bullet and go back to him....he always gives me "The Look" though when I come back after someone else has cut it.....Wow he is such a mean guy!

I tip him generously too, in spite of the fact that he is the owner....I don't know what this guy's major malfunction is....Just likes to be in control I guess.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ok my philosophy is .............if you have to book in advance for a person, there is a reason. If you can call and get in within a few days with a sylist, there is a reason.

I prefer to go with the one who is booked rather than the one that isnt. I book my apt 3 apt out each time!! I go every 4-5 weeks depending on what is going on and as of now my apt are booked until Sept.

Worth the wait, is always great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get my hair cut at the hosue.
#2 along the sides, with a little more thickness up top. I guess me and my hair stylist get along, as long as she doesn't nick me.

I dont think they could cut good with the ipod on also

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
OK. Do you think it would be rude to keep my iPod on just so I don't have to listen to him????!!!!
ummmmm ya! Do you comment when he talks about other people/clients? When ever this happens to me, I normally will sit there and not say anything. Eventually, they get my drift and stop.

Now, I would have more of a problem with the cigarette smell myself!! I can't stand that!! Like sitting in a bowling alley getting a hair cut?!

Maybe offer him a breath mint!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
......ya and some Febreeze!! His clothes smell like it too.

Overall it's just a negative experience, which is why I keep looking around for another stylist..and then coming back to him when they screw it up again! The alternative is going to Chgo and paying 4 times as much for a cut!!! So worth it but such a long trip.

Yes gym, when he starts dissing everyone I used to try to come to the dissed person's defense, but that just egged him on, so now you're right: I'll just do the silent treatment. lalalalalala I don't HEEEEEEEEAR you!

OK, got that settled! Now if my hair would just grow a little faster to undo this awful cut.....I knew she wasn't doing it the way I wanted, and nearly grabbed the scissors out of her hand!! NO! DON'T DO THAT!!!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Does that hair salon have a website Fawnie??? We could send some "Encouraging" e-mails explaining how the owner should improve his behaviour. Never mentioning you of course.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Pump up your Biotin and horsetail intake!! I went last week for a cut and color my girl couldn't believe how much outgrowth I had in just 4 weeks. Then I told her about my vitamins. She said well there you go!! no wonder!!

To be honest, I didn't even notice if my hair was growing, until she pointed out the difference in my outgrowth.

So if you don't already take either of these, give that a try.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Pump up your Biotin and horsetail intake!! I went last week for a cut and color my girl couldn't believe how much outgrowth I had in just 4 weeks. Then I told her about my vitamins. She said well there you go!! no wonder!!

To be honest, I didn't even notice if my hair was growing, until she pointed out the difference in my outgrowth.

So if you don't already take either of these, give that a try.
Gym, do you mind sharing a little about the horsetail, what is it, what does it do and how much of it do you take? thanks

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Or you could bring a big nasty dog with you that could growl at him every time he starts talking about other customers. Grrr - grrr - grrr!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Gym, do you mind sharing a little about the horsetail, what is it, what does it do and how much of it do you take? thanks
I take something called Horsetail Grass Max-V, once a day.
Douglas Lab's Horsetail Grass Max-V 300 mg 60 vcaps HouseOfNutrition.com $13.70

I also take Biotin Forte, for hair skin and nails, once a day. Both have helped me more than I can explain as far as hair growth goes. I have so much new growth around my face it looks like a baby when their hair starts coming in. Along my temples it is almost an inch long. It might take me a lifetime to get it to catch up to the rest, but at least it is coming back and filling in nicely-

https://www.professionalsupplementce...uctbaseid=2817

·
Registered
475 Posts
Now, I would have more of a problem with the cigarette smell myself!! I can't stand that!! Like sitting in a bowling alley getting a hair cut?!

Maybe offer him a breath mint!!
ME TOO. It's on his hands running through your hair. My hair sucks in cigarette smoke and I smell it till I wash it. It's soooooooooooo gross.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I take something called Horsetail Grass Max-V, once a day.
Douglas Lab's Horsetail Grass Max-V 300 mg 60 vcaps HouseOfNutrition.com $13.70

I also take Biotin Forte, for hair skin and nails, once a day. Both have helped me more than I can explain as far as hair growth goes. I have so much new growth around my face it looks like a baby when their hair starts coming in. Along my temples it is almost an inch long. It might take me a lifetime to get it to catch up to the rest, but at least it is coming back and filling in nicely-

https://www.professionalsupplementce...uctbaseid=2817
Oh thanks for the info, I use Biosil, guess it's in the same family as ur Biotin forte. Just never heard of the horsetail, i guess i will have to try it now cuz I'm trying to grow back my hair too, thanks again

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a dilemma.

The one stylist who cuts my hair just the way I like is a total jerk and talks trash about his other clients....and I'm sure he would me too if I was dumb enough to tell him any juicy details about myself. He smells like smoke all the time which tells me he doesn't respect either himself or his clients who have to smell him at close range! He is a primadonna and requires appointments months in advance or he simply won't see you! But he cuts like a dream.

The other stylist I go to is a sweet funny girl who always is kind and thoughtful and is discreet about her clients. But she doesn't do my hair the way I like it in spite of numerous attempts. It's "OK" but not the way I want it. I bring a picture and tell her in great detail, but it doesn't turn out the way I want it. She always gives me a good price and gets me in whenever I need her.

I've been to about every stylist in Cowflop and narrowed it down to these 2. Please don't tell me to try another one!!!

Who would you go to?
You know Fawnstar, I have the same type issue with my hairdresser/hairbraider, she is so good, doesn't braid too tight and lasts for a couple of weeks but she talks too much and has a baby so when i go to her, i spend the whole day there and its so d**n tiring but when i try someone else, i hate what they do with my hair so i guess we just have to deal with or no? But unlike you, I only go to her when i need to get my hair braided which is once in a couple of months so maybe that's why it's more tolerable

1 - 20 of 68 Posts