Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please vote and give feedbacks on the uses of RA and/or HQ (how, source, percentages, color/tone changes, etc.).

I think this poll with feedbacks will be useful for skin lighteners!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Karen, it doesn't allow me modify the poll. If you think your far in the skin regime, you could vote until then.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karen, I saw that the combination didn't work but I see you're trying the HQ alone. I hope that works.

So far so good...looks like the majority on the RA/HQ combo works.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
thanks Lansing for this poll. I'll have to still wait for some time though since it's still too early for me to tell?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hq 4% & 3% does work for me. I used the 4% briefly in the nineties and quit because I didn't care to look that light then.

I've been using a 3% HQ (Othine brand) in rotation with other items. I noticed a boost in my lightening when I added the HQ to the schedule (in late September?)

I've stopped the Othine HQ3% (alternating with Fair and Flawless sepiwhite-arbutin) on my face and I'm using the rest of my supply on my arms and back of neck & hands. It seems to be working but more slowly than on the face and front of neck.

I'm waiting for a supply of HQ 4% & RA (0.05%) from ADC. I plan to use them both on my arms first.

Will update later!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Nadinola is a 3% HQ formulation that GoddessOfEarth swears by. She also uses something called cerotene cream (you can get both from Guesso but I've never used either). This might be an alternative for you, KarenanneV.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Nadinola is a 3% HQ formulation that GoddessOfEarth swears by. She also uses something called cerotene cream (you can get both from Guesso but I've never used either). This might be an alternative for you, KarenanneV.
trivia: Nadinola Extra Strength(3%) and Othine(3%) are both made by J. Strickland & Co.

The difference is that there's a tiny bit of sunscreen in the NES but the Othine doesn't have any.

Also AFAIK, Othine only comes in one strength but there are different versions & strengths of Nadinola.

Othine Skin BLEACH - 2.25oz

Amazon.com: Nadinola Skin Discoloration Fade Cream For Dry Skin - 2.25 Oz: Health & Personal Care

Walmart.com: Nadinola: Deluxe For Oily Skin Skin Discoloration Fade Cream, 2.25 oz: Health & Beauty

Walmart.com: Nadinola: Extra Strength Formula Skin Discoloration Fade Cream, 2.25 oz: Beauty

They're pretty old brands too, my mother says that she remembers seeing Nadinola from her childhood.

eta: extra links

http://www.goodguide.com/products/14...am-extra-stren

http://www.goodguide.com/products/14...fade-cream-for

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The HQ and Retin A is starting to work for me. It's been two weeks so far. I'm looking lighter and the light patches are starting to spread...hopefully in a month I'll be even lighter

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the info, Eggomini. I was completely ufamiliar with Nadinola: it was something I heard about from a member here who absolutely loves it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks Ondine. I'll have a look at it further. You know I will post about it a bit later when I'm sure, but you know I DO look lighter than I have in a while since the redness from the RA has gone. So I believe the HQ/RA DID work!!! Just so much irritation it was hard to tell. I wish I could change my poll result. This should be really good news to those who may have been discouraged by my results.

I am going to see how the HQ goes on it's own. When I used it years ago and it didn't work, it was compounded from a pharmacy and in a jar for all the air to get to, AND I wasn't exfoliating either. It would be the best outcome for me as it is SO CHEAP!

I've already ordered the F&F so I may hold off for a week or two and see how I go before I start it. Unless I'm too excited to try it when I receive it!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts