Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Why not buy it online dav. Just google it and you will find a site.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Just a bit of fact--everyone seems to have a favourite and even plastic surgeons and dermatologists tend to recommend one over the other but to me they are all the same. The biggest difference or rather only difference I have found is one that is called Kelo-cote because unlike the others, which are all inevitably a mix of zinc oxide (about 4%), silicone as dimethicone (4% is standard) and some sunscreen usually octinoxate. The kelocote is not much different BUT it acts like adhesive bandage and can be put on twice daily and forms essentially a silicone sheet which is the best proven method of scar improvement. Just my 2 pence/cents.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I was using dermatrix on a scar, and it did diddly squat. Very expensive as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody, I bought it on line, from clover leaf medical.Can't wait to see the results now!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello dav & everyone else,

i have a question for you if you have started to use zeraderm gel.
How much time do you have to massage the scar until the gel is absorbed ? . they say you should massage the scar until it is not sticky, but even if massage for about minimum 10 minutes i feel like it still remains sticky.

And one more question for those who have tried zeraderm: has anyone used zeraderm for hypertrophic/keloid scars older than 5 months ? what were the results ?

Thank you for your answers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

It does remain a bit sticky, it's true.I've started to use zeraderm nearly one month ago; my operation was already 5 months old when someone told me about this gel.We have to use it for a long time, twice a day(between couple of weeks to few months). I don't see any difference at the moment, but I won't give up!

Eu zic ca merita incercat Puisor, se spune ca e foarte bun!
Good luck for all of you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello again,

Dav, how is your scar going?
Mine looks a little bit improved (it doesn't hurt that much and it feels softer). It's been 5 weeks since i have started to use Zeraderm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts