Skin Care Talk banner
2,961 - 2,980 of 3,019 Posts
Update:
I'm currently using the Burnout SS in the white and blue tube. A really good SS if you are ebony skin. leaves no cast and hold true to it word. CLEAR ZINC!

So, bye bye Neutrogena lol. I'll keep it for emergencies, I don't like wasting $$$.

I would also like to try Devita Solar Body Block. Read some good reviews so far on Amazon.

I think I may want to try the MAC SPF 50 primer. Anybody currently using the MAC SPF 50 primer???

Update:
I'm currently using the Burnout SS in the white and blue tube. A really good SS if you are ebony skin. leaves no cast and hold true to it word. CLEAR ZINC!

So, bye bye Neutrogena lol. I'll keep it for emergencies, I don't like wasting $$$.

I would also like to try Devita Solar Body Block. Read some good reviews so far on Amazon.

I think I may want to try the MAC SPF 50 primer. Anybody currently using the MAC SPF 50 primer???
So happy you are loving Burnout @beautymark. Devita is nice too, but I will only wear it during cooler months as it doesn't hold up as well as Burnout. And knowing where you live.......you are SO much better off with Burnout especially during the summer months.

As for MAC SPF primer that's a chemical product, nothing remotely close to Burnout or a physical SS.

So happy you are loving Burnout @beautymark. Devita is nice too, but I will only wear it during cooler months as it doesn't hold up as well as Burnout. And knowing where you live.......you are SO much better off with Burnout especially during the summer months.

As for MAC SPF primer that's a chemical product, nothing remotely close to Burnout or a physical SS.

Oh yes I'm in looovvveee. Thanks for the quick review Gym.

The easiest one is the Coppertone discussed in posts #75 & 79. This is fine if you don't have sensitive skin. Make sure you get the one with 14.5% zinc oxide. They also use the same formula in bottles marked for kids, for sensitive skin and one other one.

Your other option is to DIY your own sunscreen. Here you have three choices:

1) Use whatever body lotion you like (Aveeno, etc). Weigh it. Take 1/3 of the total weight and add that much weight of zinc oxide powder. Mix with a hand blender. This will give you a 25% zinc oxide sunscreen. If you want to get fancy, you can add iron oxide for a slight tint. Wear a moisturizer or oil underneath so it doesn't look too white.
2) Mix #1 in equal parts with the Coppertone. This eliminates any whiteness and also cuts down on the shine of the Coppertone.
3) Follow DragoN's recipe in the DIY recipe section for her sunscreen.
Has any one tried this DIY method

Wow, thanks! Are you using it on the face or body? Does it dry matte? Wondering if it works under make-up or it's best for the body only.
Sorry I am just seeing this, no it doesn't dry completely matte like the face/body does, I use this on my body only. I use face/body on my face, or I use the blue/white tube "matte version" on my face. Much better option under makeup especially if your oily. @d0llface
Has any one tried this DIY method
Yep, I have @shawtykid20

Sorry I am just seeing this, no it doesn't dry completely matte like the face/body does, I use this on my body only. I use face/body on my face, or I use the blue/white tube "matte version" on my face. Much better option under makeup especially if your oily. @d0llface

Yep, I have @shawtykid20
@gymrat how was the DIY sunscreen , did it keep you protected.

Thanks so much @gymrat - I'm biting the bullet and making my first order from the BurnOut website. I try other things, but keep coming back to the brand...

Hey @gymrat missed you guys. I've been moving a lot cause of school and accomodation. I can't seem to find burnout nearby and i was wondering if you think "Boo Bamboo Baby & Kids Natural Sunscreen with Bamboo Extract" would be a nice substitute without breaking out or any white cast. Thank you in advance for your response

Hey @gymrat missed you guys. I've been moving a lot cause of school and accomodation. I can't seem to find burnout nearby and i was wondering if you think "Boo Bamboo Baby & Kids Natural Sunscreen with Bamboo Extract" would be a nice substitute without breaking out or any white cast. Thank you in advance for your response
Awwwh hello @kheyindae, long time no see! did you ever end up moving to Canada?? So glad you popped in to say hello :hugs:

The sunscreen your asking about has 20% zinc and looks ok, ingredients are similar to Burnout.

2,961 - 2,980 of 3,019 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.