Skin Care Talk banner
2,981 - 3,000 of 3,019 Posts
@gymrat yes I've been in canada for 2 months now but everything was confusing to adapt for a while and i had to move to a new province. I really pray the boo bamboo doesn't turn out ashy.
So glad you have moved and gotten settled. I haven't ever used the Bamboo, so I am not sure if it would be ashy. What Burnout were you using? @kheyindae

@gymrat I saw another one with spf 30 but I've forgotten the name. when I go to the bss store I'll check it up and let you know before I buy it.
@brown991 don't pay attention to the SPF, read the ingredients and look for zinc, it would be listed as the "active ingredient". If you find any take note then come back and I will point you in the right direction. Don't want you spending more money :(

@gymrat sorry for the late reply. School can be exhausting. I have never tried burnout sunscreen cause i can't get it locally. I got boo bamboo sunscreen spray but with 16% sunscreen. Ill try it for a month and report back.
Please do @kheyindae, I would love to know how it works for you!! As for school, just remind yourself that the hard work will have a payoff at the end. Stick with it, it will only further you in life :heart:

@gymrat I guessed it was a chemical sunscreen so I returned it. I bought sudocream antiseptic healing cream for nappy rash, eczema burns wounds and more. ingredients are zinc oxide ph. eur.15.25% , benzyl alcohol b.p 0.39% , benzyl benzoate b.p 1.01% benzyl cinnamate 0.15% lanolin ( hypo allergenic) 4% (w/w) also contains purified water liquid paraffin. paraffin wax beeswax microcrystalline wax sodium benzoate linalool acetate propylene glycol citric acid butyrate hydroxy an isoleucine sorbitol sesquioleate lavender fragrance. Wheeew that was long.

@gymrat I bought another sunscreen I hope I did not waste my money again. it's banana boat sunscreen for kids spf 50+ ingredients are homosalate 15% octinoxate 7.5 Octisalate 5% titanium dioxide 2.4%
You did right, this is a chemical sunscreen, don't use it, it won't protect you!

@gymrat I guessed it was a chemical sunscreen so I returned it. I bought sudocream antiseptic healing cream for nappy rash, eczema burns wounds and more. ingredients are zinc oxide ph. eur.15.25% , benzyl alcohol b.p 0.39% , benzyl benzoate b.p 1.01% benzyl cinnamate 0.15% lanolin ( hypo allergenic) 4% (w/w) also contains purified water liquid paraffin. paraffin wax beeswax microcrystalline wax sodium benzoate linalool acetate propylene glycol citric acid butyrate hydroxy an isoleucine sorbitol sesquioleate lavender fragrance. Wheeew that was long.
So happy you returned the other!! YES YES YES, use the sudocream, 15% zinc is good @brown991, did you apply it to your skin? It may be thick but hopefully you can rub it it in and make it work for you. Keep me posted on how this one is for you

Hey @gymrat i had a go at boo bamboo sunscreen spray. It's not half bad. The sunscreen comes out milky. For the first week it was a mess but then i tried it when my skin was still damp and the pastey look died down (even though i still got some white paste on my hair). I can't seem to find a routine of reapplying because it would require i dampen my face with a moisturiser for it to look relatively okay. If you have any idea, i would love to hear.

Hey @gymrat i had a go at boo bamboo sunscreen spray. It's not half bad. The sunscreen comes out milky. For the first week it was a mess but then i tried it when my skin was still damp and the pastey look died down (even though i still got some white paste on my hair). I can't seem to find a routine of reapplying because it would require i dampen my face with a moisturiser for it to look relatively okay. If you have any idea, i would love to hear.
@kheyindae, can you wipe yourself down with a damp washcloth before reapplying? Or take a spray bottle and spray yourself down a bit to dampen your skin before reapplying. Be sure you shake that bottle of SS before apply it so its mixed up well, hopefully helps with streaks etc. Great to hear from you my friend!! :heart:

@gymrat i found President Choice's Diaper Rash Cream with 15% zinc and petroleum in the ingredients. It feels great, white paste when damp ( but wipes so easily off, definitely the petroleum slip) but it feels better on dry skin. I also got vitamin c from The Ordinary ( I'm gonna use these two for the day and see how it goes after the month).
But now i have three mostly filled up purple prarier sunscreen i just can't use. *sigh

Hello Gynrat, how are you ? saw these two on amazon, one for my face and the ocean for my body. Are those the right ones?
https://www.amazon.com/Burn-Out-SPF...-4-Ounce/dp/B000851N9E/ref=dp_csx_sw_pr_csd_0
https://www.amazon.com/BurnOut-SPF-...id=1567224837&s=beauty&sr=1-1#customerReviews
I am a faithful fan of Burnout as you already know :eek:, it took me a LONG time and a LOT of money finding a good zinc SS. I am very faithful to my Burnout :cloud9:

Are you able to get it shipped to you in SA? @AdithyaLaxman

Hello, well this sunscreen was delivered, and all I can say is thank you . I am in love with it. The down side is that it is small and pricey. Any recommendation for a good but cheaper sunscreen for my body?
Hello @oluomo yes those are Burnout the face/body (blue/white) tube is smaller than the yellow one so just know that. But its a great sunscreen for you.

2,981 - 3,000 of 3,019 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.