Skin Care Talk banner
3,001 - 3,019 of 3,019 Posts
Hello, well this sunscreen was delivered, and all I can say is thank you . I am in love with it. The down side is that it is small and pricey. Any recommendation for a good but cheaper sunscreen for my body?
Did you get both Burnouts? Blue/white tube and the yellow tube?? Or just the blue/white, one? I knew you would like it.......its Burnout, you can't go wrong with Burnout, its a keeper for a reason.......glad you finally tried it!!

Did you get both Burnouts? Blue/white tube and the yellow tube?? Or just the blue/white, one? I knew you would like it.......its Burnout, you can't go wrong with Burnout, its a keeper for a reason.......glad you finally tried it!!

I am not sure gymrat but I feel burnout blue white tube does not work as well as shiseido babies n children ? I've observed slow tanning /slight darkening of my face over the summer even though i keep it covered with hat and face cover.

I am not sure gymrat but I feel burnout blue white tube does not work as well as shiseido babies n children ? I've observed slow tanning /slight darkening of my face over the summer even though i keep it covered with hat and face cover.
It still works like a champ for me :thumbsup: stick to what works for you.

What shade are are you now gymrat if I can ask I’m a NC 15-17 and I tan like crazy
I don't get hung up on the shade stuff,....I'm olive complexion, I live in California, so avoiding the sun is impossible. I invest in great sunscreen for the summer and I'm faithful to peels in the fall/winter. I'm heading to Europe in a few weeks and can't wait to see the options they have for SS.

Does anyone here wear make-up? I wear make-up to work. Its a zinc oxide foundation with 20spf and I also wear physical sunscreen underneath. Problem is my co-workers always want us to go on a walk when the sun is blazing. I’m sure the spf in my makeup and sunscreen have degraded at that point. If you were me would you wash your face and reapply sunscreen and makeup before your walk? Or leave what you have on? Or turn down walking and wait til winter to walk with em?

Does anyone here wear make-up? I wear make-up to work. Its a zinc oxide foundation with 20spf and I also wear physical sunscreen underneath. Problem is my co-workers always want us to go on a walk when the sun is blazing. I’m sure the spf in my makeup and sunscreen have degraded at that point. If you were me would you wash your face and reapply sunscreen and makeup before your walk? Or leave what you have on? Or turn down walking and wait til winter to walk with em?
What % of zinc does this foundation contain?? If its not above 8% its not going to do a thing for protection. Just because a product contains zinc doesn't mean it contains enough. Don't ever depend on your foundation to provide enough sun protection.

Apply a good physical sunscreen under your foundation then go about your walk and live life.

How do you avoid Burnout feeling heavy on your skin? I always feel like I’m wearing a mask when wearing it. For that reason I don’t use it as often as I should
Which one are you using? Your using way too much if it feels heavy like a mask.

Discussion starter · #3,011 ·
How do you avoid Burnout feeling heavy on your skin? I always feel like I’m wearing a mask when wearing it. For that reason I don’t use it as often as I should
I agree with Gymmie! You are using too much, for the face it’s 1/4 teaspoon or half a teaspoon, just enough to smear it on. It’s actually the only sunscreen I’ve used throughout the last 10 years which gives me a nice matte finish with no cast. I have a medium olive skin tone.

I agree with Gymmie! You are using too much, for the face it’s 1/4 teaspoon or half a teaspoon, just enough to smear it on. It’s actually the only sunscreen I’ve used throughout the last 10 years which gives me a nice matte finish with no cast. I have a medium olive skin tone.
So great to see you @LightenNLift and even happier to know Burnout is still your go too SS. Hopefully this new platform will bring out others just like yourself đź’• miss my old SCT crew!!

Has anyone tried any of the Supergoop sunscreen products yet? I have gotten several emails about their products and am tempted to try their mineral sunscreen or their Daily Dose Vitamin C Serum. I thought I would see if anyone here has a recommendation or an experience with this brand. I am a devoted Burnout Face and Body user, but always love trying new products!

Discussion starter · #3,014 ·
I was using the Burnout Sunscreen over a decade from 19yo to 30yo but in the past few months I did some research and decided to give the COTZ Flawless Complexion Tinted SPF 50 sunscreen and I am in love with it! It applies and vanishes within seconds and actually makes your skin tone/texture look bright and smooth. I have medium brown/olive skin tone and nobody can tell I have sunscreen on -I use a good amount. Although the burnout was good, you can tell there is a slight cast and it dried kind of cakey so you can feel it on your skin. But I just apply COTZ in the morning and I’m good all day. Just a TIP: if you want a natural finish to your skin with COTZ, just apply the sunscreen in the morning without anything under it- meaning just use the sunscreen during the day and use serums, treatment products, antioxidants, moisturizers at night. I also take the sun protection supplement Heliocare which also has niacinamide in it and Cod liver oil.

Has anyone tried any of the Supergoop sunscreen products yet? I have gotten several emails about their products and am tempted to try their mineral sunscreen or their Daily Dose Vitamin C Serum. I thought I would see if anyone here has a recommendation or an experience with this brand. I am a devoted Burnout Face and Body user, but always love trying new products!
I have 🙋‍I like it. I purchased the matte version of the mineral SS. It has 17% zinc and has a nice finish. Its a tiny container, a bit pricey, but well worth it. I only use it on my face/neck. I would repurchase it once I am done with the one I have. Like yourself, I LOVE trying new/different products. You won't know what you like, until you try it (y) This is it.....

I was using the Burnout Sunscreen over a decade from 19yo to 30yo but in the past few months I did some research and decided to give the COTZ Flawless Complexion Tinted SPF 50 sunscreen and I am in love with it! It applies and vanishes within seconds and actually makes your skin tone/texture look bright and smooth. I have medium brown/olive skin tone and nobody can tell I have sunscreen on -I use a good amount. Although the burnout was good, you can tell there is a slight cast and it dried kind of cakey so you can feel it on your skin. But I just apply COTZ in the morning and I’m good all day. Just a TIP: if you want a natural finish to your skin with COTZ, just apply the sunscreen in the morning without anything under it- meaning just use the sunscreen during the day and use serums, treatment products, antioxidants, moisturizers at night. I also take the sun protection supplement Heliocare which also has niacinamide in it and Cod liver oil.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will check out the COTZ.

I have 🙋‍I like it. I purchased the matte version of the mineral SS. It has 17% zinc and has a nice finish. Its a tiny container, a bit pricey, but well worth it. I only use it on my face/neck. I would repurchase it once I am done with the one I have. Like yourself, I LOVE trying new/different products. You won't know what you like, until you try it (y) This is it.....
View attachment 67030
View attachment 67031
I have been wanting to try this. I think I will wait until they have a sale to give it a try.

I have been wanting to try this. I think I will wait until they have a sale to give it a try.
@strongerrrr I just replied to another post of yours about sunscreen lol. And YES this is the kind/type you need to try. I am acne prone, and a sunscreen junkie lol, I try many (hundreds) to be honest, and zinc plus matte finish is the only way to go!! Do wait for it to go on sale, and .............from experience it will happen as soon as summer is over, so hold tight. It will be on sale soon ;)

What you need to stay away from are chemical sunscreens they will aggrivate your face and make things worse! Zinc is excellent for acne prone/oily skin type.

3,001 - 3,019 of 3,019 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.