Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Garnier Ultra Lift Pro and their Ultra Lift Pro eye cream and since I have been using it I have noticed that my shirts and tee shirts are turning yellow...dark yellow. If that's not bad enough I have been using Neostrata Skin Lightener (I have an ugly farmers tan) and it is making my shirts and tee shirts turn yellow. On top of the yellow mess I smell musty and dirty until I take a shower!

I use Retin A and the DIY Vit. C Serum at night but that does not not turn me yellow and does not make me smell bad....has anyone else had this problem?

I am very new to this sight bet I am soooo addicted too it, thank you.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes some stuff smell bad and some stain a bit. I remember when I was a teenager some of the girls constantly smelled of something that I thought was some kind of perfume. It had a noticeable hint of something rather bad, but so do some perfumes too, I really didn't think much about it. A couple of years alter I figured out what that smell was when my younger sister started using a new brand of powder foundation

I also remember American washing machines. They look like something that went out of date 50 years ago. I spent 6 months in a place called Mill Valley not far from San Francisco and I often used my bike to get around. You know how you pants easily gets oil on the right leg (from the chain)? Here we just wash things on 60 degrees C ( 140 F. I believe) and every thing comes of with out any hassle, even 40 (104 F.) degrees gets oil of. Not in the USA! LOL

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have been using Garnier Ultra Lift Pro and their Ultra Lift Pro eye cream and since I have been using it I have noticed that my shirts and tee shirts are turning yellow...dark yellow. If that's not bad enough I have been using Neostrata Skin Lightener (I have an ugly farmers tan) and it is making my shirts and tee shirts turn yellow. On top of the yellow mess I smell musty and dirty until I take a shower!

I use Retin A and the DIY Vit. C Serum at night but that does not not turn me yellow and does not make me smell bad....has anyone else had this problem?
Kid - are you sure that these products are the problem. I use vitamin C serum and can tell you that it turns my clothes yellow. It is probably a combination of oxidized ascorbic acid (which turns yellow) and sloughed off dead skin cells (since it is an exfoliant). And by the end of the day my skin does "smell" with an aroma that it normally doesn't have and so I frequently shower again if I am going out in the evening. Just a thought for you to consider if you have not already done so.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mirecka...I have only started using the DIY Vit. C this week and I have been using the Ultra Lift Pro Roll-On for a month. I should have made it clear that my clothes only turn yellow in areas wear I have applied the products - my face, neck and decollete and my arms where I put on the skin lightener.

mirecka, I made up the simple DIY Vit. C serum and I have been using Retin A for a year and a half.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome KitsKid,

Is there curcumin (tumeric) in the skin lightening product? I've used it as a DIY ingredient and it has stained the collar of shirts I sleep in yellow. That may be the in culprit in your cream as curcumin -tumeric is purported to have have skin lightening properties. I wouldn't know about the other products you mentioned, perhaps you might want to look up the ingredients in them that aren't familiar to you.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had an interesting day yesterday...I went and visited with the pharmacist where I purchase my Retin A. I told her about my smelly problem, she immediately told me that I am using far too much Retin A per usage. The smell comes from a combination of sloughed off skin cell mixed in with the over used Retin A, our mireckca suggested that was a possibility when see responded to my question. I had bought a new navy blue cotton nightgown and when I washed it the colour arond the neck faded to light blue I mentioned this to the pharmacist she said that the Retin A can stain or remove colour from garments...especially with amounts I have been using! Now I just know that you want to know how much I'm using.....the correct amount is the size of a pea and I am using a heaping teaspoon! I don't now how on earth I am going to be able to cope with such a small amount but I am sick of smelling so bad - I even still smell bad after I shower.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to give you an update to my smelly problem, I have drastically cut down on the amount of Retin A that I am applying and I have also started to use microfibre clothes to clean my face and they really do take off all the dead cell residue. I think that has been my problem because there is very little staining on my night clothes and I'm not smelly
I went shopping at yesterday, at a local large grocery store and when I was walking down an aisle there were packages of microfiber dish clothes I looked at them and they looked just like the clothes I bought at Sephora (but these ones had stripes on them!) I bought a package at one eighth of the price of the Sephora clothes. I have'nt used them yet so I will keep you posted.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That's great if they work for you kitskid. These cloths are much gentler than grainy exfoliating scrubs too.

The microfiber cloths that I use are in a world of their own. They are totally different than the ones you buy in the stores. Much thicker and they really pull the junk out of your pores and polish your skin like a chamois.

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

They are $12.50 each but the same ones have lasted me 1-2 years with constant use and handwashing and drying.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Fawnie...I bought the first three cleansing clothes from Sephora and they were $18.00CAD each. I tried using them dry but yuuuuck - I didn't like the feel, but I use wet and they work extremely well. Do you ever get a chance to go to Sephora, if you do see how yours compares to theirs and let me know.

Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts